Complete Details for Senior DSP/GPP Engineer, Waveform Technology - S12-15118
|Job Title||Senior DSP/GPP Engineer, Waveform Technology|
|Relocation Available ?||No|
This position is for an Embedded Software Developer within General Dynamics C4 Systems Secure Communications and Computing Technologies (SCCT ) Business Unit who can support the porting, integration and support of large, complex waveforms and can develop code to support platform dependencies. Successful applicants for this position in the Waveform Technology Department in Sunrise, FL will have work experience with DSP and GPP (processor) hardware and will support new feature development and quality improvements, help create project requirements and provide input to design decisions. The candidate must have a hands-on approach and must have good communication skills and must be a team player. • Research software design and develop well-documented and quality software applying OOD/OOP principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis. • Must participate and be knowledgeable in all phases of the software lifecycle. Should have a working knowledge of CMM or CMMI capability maturity models. • Develop detailed documentation of the algorithms used and make presentations as needed to all levels of management. • Develop and document detailed integration and test plans for new and reused code. • Participate and conduct peer reviews and shoulder to shoulder reviews.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, a related technical field or the equivalent experience is required. In addition, a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Applicant must be a US Citizen.
This position requires an active US Government Secret Clearance
Experience in software/hardware development with special reference to DSP support, Digital Communication Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Software and Real Time Operating Systems (GreenHills Integrity/MULTI). Experience with JTRS architecture, Software Defined Radio (SDR), SCA, JTRS Waveform development and integration, MHAL desired. Strong background in system bring-up, debugging and data analysis. Proficient in using scopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power meters and network protocol analyzers. Experience with Matlab, Clearcase and experience interfacing with GPP and RF systems an advantage.
Knowledge of TCP/IP, BSD Sockets and Layered communication architecture required.
Working knowledge of hardware elements, ability to read schematics and block diagrams. Knowledge of TI TMS320C64xx, Analog Device Blackfinn DSPs, Intel Monahans, Power PC 8544 and ARM GPPs and their corresponding IDEs desirable. Experience with GMR hardware useful.
- Programming Languages - C and OOP in C++ required, Java a bonus.
- Operating Systems - Experience with RTOS required. Specific experience with Green Hills Integrity OS on Intel Monahans desired. Experienced in writing multithreaded applications
- Green Hills MULTI Compiler and IDE for Intel Monahans
- Clearcase and Clearquest Rational tools for software management
- Telelogic DOORS, Rhapsody, Understand C++, Rational Rose Tools Suite
- Zeligsoft or Prismtech tools for Software Defined Radio development
- Knowledge of tactical Waveforms (SRW, WNW, UHF SATCOM, VULOS, HQ-2, etc.) desirable.
- Knowledge of SCA v2.2.2, Knowledge of CORBA, UML and XML as it applies to JTRS SDR
- Knowledge of JPEO API and their interfaces to the Waveform.
General Dynamics C4 Systems provides cutting-edge technology, products and systems that protect some of the most sensitive information in the world. Information that saves lives and protects nations.
Serving a customer base that includes government agencies, the U.S. Department of Defense and select international users, our secure communications technologies include:
• Secure voice, data, and computer products
• Network encryption
• Space encryption equipment
• Networked radios for public safety and disaster management
• Combat search and rescue radios
• Software-defined tactical handheld and manpack radios
• Shipboard digital modular radios
• Air traffic control radios
At General Dynamics C4 systems, our employees define our company. We foster a culture of innovation and creativity, encouraging our people to think independently in the pursuit of excellence. That excellence is realized through the creation of products and technologies that protect lives; recognized by our customers' continued trust; and personified by our dedicated staff of secure communications technologies professionals.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
|Desired Major|| Electrical Engineering
Send this job to a friend
|General Dynamics C4 Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
|If you require special assistance or an accommodation please click here.|