Complete Details for Machine Operator I - N12-15349
|Job Title||Machine Operator I|
|Relocation Available ?||No|
General Dynamics Mission Systems, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
POSITION IS IN KILGORE, TEXAS MUST HAVE STABLE WORK HISTORY (AT LEAST ONE YEAR IN EACH POSITION)
THIS OPENING IS FOR SECOND SHIFT (AFTERNOONS)
**PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS OPEN FOR DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY. FEE-BASED AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.**
Under close supervision, operates a machine and performs other duties in the fabrication of detail parts.
• Performs fabrication of detail parts enabling other departments to build assemblies.
• Performs own machine setup and drawing interpretation.
• Moves material from yard to machine.
• Performs area cleanup and safety related duties.
• Operates an overhead crane.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Must maintain good working relationship with department co-workers and all superiors.
• Must maintain good working relationship with members of other departments.
• Complies with all General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies policies, procedures and regulations.
• Maintains quality output while meeting department production requirements.
• Works during scheduled hours.
This position is with General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Government Systems, Inc., but which operationally reports into General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. Benefit packages and policies of General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies may vary from those available at General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce
PREFER CANDIDATES WITH BURNY CONTROL EXPERIENCE
• High School Graduate or equivalent.
• Reading comprehension skills to understand work orders or written instructions.
• Oral communication skills to exchange information with co-workers and supervisors
• Ability to read mechanical drawings.
• Basic shop math skills.
• Interpersonal skills to cooperate and work effectively with others.
• Hand eye coordination; depth perception.
• Ability to see things clearly that are beyond arm’s reach.
• Ability to see small detail.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Various wrenches (e.g. pipe, combination, adjustable)
• Hammers (2# to 18#)
• Hand plasma
• Cutting torch
• Saw (horizontal)
• Drill press
• Grinders, sanders
USER-MOVED MOBILE EQUIPMENT
• Pallet jack
• Overhead crane
Only qualified candidates will be considered for these positions. To apply, those candidates must submit a resume to our website at http://www.gdsatcom.com. You must specifically identify the requisition by number as the position of interest. Generally, a resume will remain active in our database for 90 days.
No Clearance Required.
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is positioned to provide solutions for global satellite and wireless communications requirements. Our VertexRSI, Gabriel and Prodelin brands are the market leaders for base station and earth station communications products and services, VSAT antennas and antenna systems, and wireless backhaul products. We offer an exciting range of new communications products and services backed by the same high quality and expertise you've come to rely on.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
|Desired Major|| NONE
Send this job to a friend
|General Dynamics Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
|If you require special assistance or an accommodation please click here.|