Complete Details for Electro-Mechanical Designer III - N12-15395
|Job Title||Electro-Mechanical Designer III|
|Relocation Available ?||No|
THIS POSITION IS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING IN KILGORE, TEXAS **PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS OPEN FOR DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY. FEE-BASED AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.**
Design RF network supports, feed tubes and mechanical drive systems. Develop feed assembly layouts using computer-aided design. Determine raw material and purchased component requirements. Complete and release drawings using Company standards.
• Creates new designs and design improvements of feed assemblies and components.
• Creates manufacturing drawings, bills of materials and release documentation.
• Leads project and product design.
• Helps with product costing.
• Applies accepted codes and practices.
• Researches outsource products and services.
• Verifies integration compatibility.
• Works to given schedules and completes tasks in a timely manner.
• Uses MRP database.
• Maintains personal task files.
• Completes assignments without supervision.
• Writes technical documents.
• Generates purchase requisitions.
• Checks drawings.
• Maintains reference library.
• Fabrication and assembly liaison.
• Compliance with corporate office and safety policy.
• Compliance with corporate security and proprietary property policy.
• Compliance with engineering design and drafting standards.
• Compliance with RF departmental policies and procedures.
• Follows direction from corporate and department management.
Relationships and Contacts:
Internal: All co-workers in all departments. Highest interaction with RF engineers, designers, drafters, planners, machinists and assemblers.
External: Customers; vendors.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce
Experience and Education
• Two years of college or technical training.
• Five years related experience in computer aided design including two years at Company.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Aptitude in structures and mechanics.
• Aptitude in basic circuits.
• Aptitude in computer use, including word-processing, spreadsheet, database and 3D mechanical design software.
• Strong 3D visualization ability.
• Ability to apply and train others in geometric dimensioning and tolerance standards.
• Strong understanding of manufacturing techniques and economy.
• Understanding of RF devices.
• Freely and clearly communicate ideas, concepts, strategies and problems associated with technical functions.
Machines and Equipment Involved:
• Personal computer
• Printers and plotters
• Common office equipment
• Common shop tools and measuring equipment
Only qualified candidates will be considered for these positions. To apply, those candidates must submit a resume to our website at http://www.gdsatcom.com. You must specifically identify the requisition by number as the position of interest. Generally, a resume will remain active in our database for 90 days.
Please note that computer resources/web access is available at local state job services, libraries and other public locations.
Internal candidates may apply using the following link:
No Clearance Required
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is positioned to provide solutions for global satellite and wireless communications requirements. Our VertexRSI, Gabriel and Prodelin brands are the market leaders for base station and earth station communications products and services, VSAT antennas and antenna systems, and wireless backhaul products. We offer an exciting range of new communications products and services backed by the same high quality and expertise you've come to rely on.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
|Desired Major|| Graphic/Communication Design
Send this job to a friend
|General Dynamics C4 Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
|If you require special assistance or an accommodation please click here.|