Complete Details for Electrical Engineer - N12-15635
|Job Title||Electrical Engineer|
Kilgore - TX
|Relocation Available ?||No|
THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED OUT OF EITHER THE KILGORE, TX OR RICHARDSON, TX FACILITY.
This position will design, develop and test all aspects of electrical equipment and components independent of any supervision.
· Follow the direction of and complete assignments given by the department manager
· Conceptualize and lead in developing new and improving existing designs
· Know how to read and understand complex electrical schematics
· Troubleshoot complex problems to the root cause and implement solutions in a timely manner
· Generate details and provide information for others to create finished drawings and data base material lists
· Schedule tasks and be responsible for tracking project task progress and maintaining estimates to completion
· Write and compile tables and illustrations for technical documents
· Operate all electrical and electronics test equipment and tools (multimeter, oscilloscope, function generator, soldering iron, etc.)
· Operate RF test equipment, such as spectrum analyzer and signal generator
· Have a thorough understanding of RF and electrical integration, electrical systems and control systems
· Have a thorough knowledge of electrical wiring, electrical codes, grounding systems, lightning arrest systems and electromagnetic compatibility
· Provide cost estimates by having a thorough understanding of engineering development and manufacturing costs
· Support and make presentations to management, manufacturing, field operations and technical sales personnel
· Interact externally with and make presentations to customers and vendors on technical issues
· Support customers and field personnel in trouble shooting. Help isolate faults and suggest solutions.
· Write computer code for engineering applications
· Research materials, products and methods
· Create and test prototypes for new designs
· Maintain equipment and tools
Machines and Equipment Involved:
· Networked PC workstation
· Office copiers, scanners, printer
· Software: MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Jobscope, PCAD, Visual Basic, Labview, Matlab and Mathcad
Hours of Work:
· Regular hours: 40 hours per week
· Overtime: As required
This position is with General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Government Systems, Inc., but which operationally reports into General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. Benefit packages and policies of General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc. may vary from those available at General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. You must be a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the USA in order to work for our company. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Experience and Education
• Education: BS in Electrical Engineering
• Electrical design experience in power distribution, controls, and/or microwave systems
• Electrical design experience in radar systems
• Electrical design experience in military or government programs
• Experience with rack mount electronics system integration and cable management
• Training in or understanding of basic RF theory highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Have an excellent knowledge of electrical theory relating to power distribution, control systems, and RF/microwave systems
• Be familiar with and understand relevant portions of applicable codes and military specifications
• Be familiar with industrial products used for electrical and RF integration
• Demonstrate good mechanical aptitude
• Be competent with current versions of AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks, MS Word, and MS Excel
• Learn to use other software as required
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Applicant must be a US Citizen.
Must be capable of obtaining a Security Clearance
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is positioned to provide solutions for global satellite and wireless communications requirements. Our VertexRSI, Gabriel and Prodelin brands are the market leaders for base station and earth station communications products and services, VSAT antennas and antenna systems, and wireless backhaul products. We offer an exciting range of new communications products and services backed by the same high quality and expertise you've come to rely on.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
|Desired Major|| Electrical Engineering
Send this job to a friend
|General Dynamics C4 Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
|If you require special assistance or an accommodation please click here.|