- The Senior Program Management Analyst is capable of leading the program controls function for large development programs. Develops Program Plan and Schedule to meet all program objectives in support of Program Team efforts, responsible for all aspects of the contract internal and Earned Value external reporting requirements.
- Analyzes program schedule to refine and optimize staffing resource scheduling. Updates program budget to ensure latest contract modifications and related requirements are incorporated.
- With support from Control Account Managers (CAMs), develops Performance Measure Baseline for program. Takes ownership of Performance Measure Baseline and change approval process.
- As the program matures, ensures that new modifications to the Performance Measurement Baseline are reflected properly in the Earned Value System.
- Mentors others in the establishment and maintenance of the Performance Measure Baseline, development and maintenance of Earned Value data analysis, SDRL submittal, and the development, integration and review of business management processes. Demonstrates advanced work tasks in Earned Value / Cost Control and overall program business management. Coaches and trains personnel in the program control and program management analysis functions.
- Coordinates all Program Team Earned Value implementations. Consolidates Earned Value inputs for incorporation into Earned Value reports.
- As a part of a team, identifies Program Controls status; independently prepares and presents this information to internal department personnel. Prepares and presents program control information to program managers and other diverse audiences.
- Supports project management personnel by developing and contributing data used to prepare for briefings external to the department.
- Monitors and ensures compliance to Earned Value Management System Description (Operating Manual).
- As part of a team, prepares Variance Analysis Reports to analyze, identify, and reconcile Program performance data variances.
- Delivers formal program variance analysis to internal and external customers.
- Releases Final Customer reports for Program approval.
- Develops and analyzes ad hoc cost control systems and customer reports.
- Coordinates Estimate To Complete (ETC) process to support resource allocation assessment and adjustment.
- Ensures that appropriate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) guidelines are followed so that all required reporting can occur and historical analysis can be performed. Advises the Program Team in support of the development of a WBS by which the Program will execute.
- Advises the Program Team in support of the development of Reporting Mechanisms that best enable the calculation of the Program’s performance.
- Analyzes the program’s earned value data to identify performance variances and prepare reports for the Program Team to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Identifies program schedule/resource risks and opportunities. Supports program risk management process and development of risk mitigation plans.
- Performs program Cost Performance Measurement, trend, and forecast analysis.
- Performs schedule probability analysis.
- Ensures Contract Budget Baseline is consistently reported and managed by working with Contracts and Finance functions.
- Participates in new business process analysis.
- Supports other programs with expertise during critical time frames.
- Applies key areas of the Program Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) to develop executable processes for supported programs and leads program teams in their implementation.
- Defines requirements and automates processes to solve common business problems.
- Performs full program level analysis and provides recommendations to management.
- Performs advanced work in Earned Value cost control and program business management.
- Leads teams in planning or cost analysis efforts for sections of major programs or for multiple programs of lesser scope.
- Leads preparation for Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) presentations and performs as a department resource for IBRs to be performed within the division.
- Facilitates the company’s Financial Reporting efforts by providing insight into Sales, Profit and Bookings forecasts via program schedule and Latest Revised Estimate.
- As part of a team, advises on new tools to support evaluation and selection process. Designs tests to evaluate new tools, analyzes test results, and makes recommendations to support process improvement. May recommend tool re-design and process changes to improve overall efficiency of program controls function.
- May assist Business Unit Manager in combined performance and trend identification
- May lead Program Controls Analysts assigned to Business Unit
- May serve as the Controls Manager for the program, with approval authority for all program plan changes
- Serves as a senior resource to other analysts in interpreting policy and developing solutions that meet complex business requirements. May assist Business Unit Manager in combined performance and trend identification.
Education and Experience
BS/BA degree in business or technical field or equivalent combination of education and directly related work experience is required. In addition, a minimum of 7 years of work experience in program planning / cost controls is required. A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated results in leading teams is preferred.
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Applicant must be a US Citizen.
Must be capable of obtaining a Security Clearance
Welcome to the home of the Soldier’s Network. With more than 9000 employees, our global workforce is defined by its collective energy, talent and creativity. We apply all three to ensuring that defense and government workers doing the toughest work under the most extreme conditions in the most remote locations have connectivity to one another and to the information they need for mission success.
We offer a robust portfolio of domestic and exportable radio, encryption, computing products and ground systems as multiple defense, government and civilian organizations focus on modernizing their communications technologies. Our unique value proposition is that we are also a world leader in delivering mission networks. These purpose-built private networks and applications that ride on them, provision not just our own portfolio of products but any product meeting the customer demand for voice, data and video communication that is secure, wireless and free from fixed infrastructure.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled