Complete Details for Senior Electrical Engineer I - N13-15835
|Job Title||Senior Electrical Engineer I|
|Relocation Available ?||No|
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies has a postion available it its Richardson Facility for a Senior Electrical Engineer. This facility designs multiple types of satellite systems. These systems could be large ground based fixed systems, or used on a variety of military and commercial ground vehicles, shipboard, or airborne environments. Mobile systems are stabilized, tracking satellite-communication antennas that provide high-bandwidth network communications. Position requires someone with minimum 6 to 8 years of electrical engineering experience. Ideal candidate will have experience working with electronic, electromechanical, and servo systems for the defense electronics or satellite communications industry.
This employee would be responsible for new-product design and existing-product support. The position requires working knowledge of all aspects of electrical, electronics, and electromechanical product development for the defense electronics industry. Tasks include electrical system configuration, component selection and specification, design, schematic capture, layout, and test of analog and digital electronics, wiring, harnessing, and connectorization of servo and RF systems, and all aspects of integration, test, troubleshooting, and production support. This employee will work closely with servo, software, mechanical, production, and test personnel.
The position requires working with
* Project Management on scheduling, task breakdown, and project reporting,
* Design Engineering on all issues of project design and analysis,
* Purchasing on vendor surveys and parts procurement, and
* Production on all aspects of product production lifecycle.
Experience with schematic capture tools required. Experience with Matlab/Simulink or similar servo analysis software tool a plus. Experience with most or all of the following technology areas are required: gyro stabilization, gimbaled pedestals, torque motors, resolver systems, analog and digital control system implementation, processor systems, real time code, firmware, servo and RF system test, and RF transceiver operation. Candidate needs to be diligent in organizing tasks, tracking progress and reporting results to team leads and the customer. Candidate must be comfortable in working implementation with the servo, software, mechanical, test, and production team members as well as participating in technical working groups with peers.
You would need the following educational background:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
* Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field a plus.
Working conditions area as follows:
* Work will be performed in an office, lab, and production environment. Lab and production environments require addition attention to safety, which is a primary concern when working with servo-controlled electromechanical pedestals.
* Position may require occasional travel to customer sites for design reviews, integration, or troubleshooting.
Other skills and knowledge needed include:
• Experience with MS Excel and MS Word; knowledge of additional MS Office products helpful.
• Candidate should be well experienced and comfortable with the reporting and discussion of technical issues in presentation and report formats.
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving abilities and attentiveness to detail is required.
• Must be comfortable working with technical peers. Product line is multi-disciplinary and thus “owned” by many stakeholders. Willingness to give-and-take and compromise are essential elements of developmental success.
Are you ready to help us create a better tomorrow? General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. This position is with General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Government Systems, Inc., but which operationally reports into General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. Benefit packages and policies of General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc. may vary from those available at General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. The position is located in Richardson, TX. If you are interested in applying for this position, please go to www.gdsatcom.com. Go to "Submit a Resume" and attach your resume to requisition N13-.15835.
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Applicant must be a US Citizen.
Must be capable of obtaining a Security Clearance
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is positioned to provide solutions for global satellite and wireless communications requirements. Our VertexRSI, Gabriel and Prodelin brands are the market leaders for base station and earth station communications products and services, VSAT antennas and antenna systems, and wireless backhaul products. We offer an exciting range of new communications products and services backed by the same high quality and expertise you've come to rely on.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
|Desired Major|| Electrical Engineering
Send this job to a friend
|General Dynamics C4 Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
|If you require special assistance or an accommodation please click here.|