Complete Details for Material Handler - N13-15875
|Job Title||Material Handler|
|Relocation Available ?||No|
THIS POSITION IS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING IN KILGORE, TEXAS
**PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS OPEN FOR DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY. FEE-BASED AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.**
Ensures the orderly and timely flow of component parts, assemblies, and subassemblies through stockroom supported cells on Energy Drive, incoming from vendor through kit stage in sufficient time to meet the requirements of the production schedule.
• Keeps Cells up and running ensuring the timely flow of all components necessary to assemble product, thus allowing production personnel to stay at their stations and maintain output.
• Works very closely with cell personnel, and handles any challenges that may arise.
• Maintains an organized, accurate, and user friendly inventory.
• Interfaces with the cell supervisors and production staff to determine how best to keep output high without affecting quality of product.
• Orders parts utilizing an ATS system, and stocks said parts. Investigates any shortages to determine the cause and to ascertain when the items will become available. Contacts vendors and or Purchasing / Planning as part of that process.
• Works with key people in each department, exerting all efforts to ensure that the parts flow from one area to the next is timely.
• Establishes and maintains good working relationships with the lead persons in departments that feed into the cells.
• Pulls parts and provides sub assembly kits for production personnel.
• Performs regular cycle counts and reports findings to Supervision. Provides pertinent information on shortages and/or problems with vendors or the work flow. Is prepared to chase down, locate, determine status, evaluate work and report the above to immediate Lead person, Supervisor or Management.
• Is available to assist in any or all stockroom functions. • Performs other related duties as assigned by management. • Complies with Company and departmental policies, procedures and regulations. • Attends Safety Meetings. • Works during scheduled hours.
• Maintains quality output while meeting department production requirements.
This position is with General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Government Systems, Inc., but which operationally reports into General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. Benefit packages and policies of General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies may vary from those available at General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce
Experience and Education
• High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
• Valid Driver License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Reading comprehension skills to understand work orders, written instructions.
• Math skills to perform basic calculations.
• Oral and written communication skills to exchange information with vendors, co-workers, supervisors or other personnel.
• Computer literacy to facilitate research of parts in an ERP system.
• Ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to respond quickly, calmly, and efficiently to urgent situations.
• Must have leadership qualities and be able to train a backup employee.
Machines and Equipment Involved:
• Computer, telephone, copier, calculator, scales
• Fork lift, pallet jack, hand tools
Only qualified candidates will be considered for these positions. To apply, those candidates must submit a resume to our website at http://www.gdsatcom.com. You must specifically identify the requisition by number as the position of interest. Generally, a resume will remain active in our database for 90 days.
Please note that computer resources/web access is available at local state job services, libraries and other public locations.
Internal candidates may apply using the following link:
Must be able to travel <5% of the time
This position requires operation of motorized vehicle.
No Clearance Required
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is positioned to provide solutions for global satellite and wireless communications requirements. Our VertexRSI, Gabriel and Prodelin brands are the market leaders for base station and earth station communications products and services, VSAT antennas and antenna systems, and wireless backhaul products. We offer an exciting range of new communications products and services backed by the same high quality and expertise you've come to rely on.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
|Desired Major|| NONE
Send this job to a friend
|General Dynamics C4 Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
|If you require special assistance or an accommodation please click here.|