Complete Details for Maintenance Technician - N13-15883
|Job Title||Maintenance Technician|
|Relocation Available ?||No|
General Dynamics Mission Systems, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
THIS POSITION IS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING IN KILGORE, TEXAS
**PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS OPEN FOR DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY. FEE-BASED AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.**
CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING TO WORK A MONTHLY ROTATION BETWEEN FIRST AND SECOND SHIFT!
Perform maintenance activities on various pieces of production equipment and make facilities repairs.
Experience and Education
• Minimum five years experience in industrial maintenance.
• Or two years experience and completion of an approved industrial maintenance program.
• Other specialized training/education may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Mechanical Skills:
• Gears, belts & chain drives.
• Bearings & lubrication
• Machine leveling & alignment
• Gaskets & seals
• Fluid Systems Skills:
• Layout, cutting, threading & installation of piping systems.
• Knowledge of fluid circuits & valving.
• Hydraulic pump operation.
• Electrical Skills:
• Knowledge of components.
• Able to identify & work with voltages up to 480.
• Conduit bending & running wire.
• Interpretation of wiring diagrams.
• Troubleshoot electrical power & control systems.
• Install motors. Understand motor protection.
• PLC maintenance.
• Industrial Equipment Skills:
• Interpretation of drawings/instructions.
• Follow procedures/instructions carefully & accurately.
• Applicable mechanical & electrical skills.
• Operate various pieces of equipment; fork truck, man lift, ect.
• Holds valid Texas drivers license.
• Reading comprehension skills to understand work orders and written instructions, technical manuals, and parts catalogs.
• Math skills to perform basic calculations.
• Transcription skills to enter information into records and logs or repair and maintenance activities.
• Oral communication skills for routing and technical information exchange with co-workers, supervisors, or other personnel.
• Skill in using hand signals.
• Ability to plan and coordinate maintenance and repair activities.
• Manual and finger dexterity.
• Eye-hand coordination, depth perception.
• Ability to see things clearly that are beyond arm's reach
• Ability to see small detail
• Ability to climb 30 feet on ladder without resting
• Ability to maintain balance on catwalks and narrow work spaces
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work under time pressure.
Must be able to travel <5% of the time.
This position requires operation of motorized vehicle.
This position requires the operation of a company or customer-owned motorized vehicle.
No Clearance Required.
Relationships and Contacts:
• Must maintain good working relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
• Must maintain General Dynamic’s standards of integrity when dealing with outside vendors and customers.
Machines and Equipment Involved:
• Tractors, fork trucks, cranes, service vehicles.
• Drill, drill press, power saws, power tools, and air tools.
• Hand tools (hammers, various wrenches, come-alongs) screwdrivers
• Measuring devices (calipers and tape measure).
• Leveling transit.
• Mechanical operating equipment and parts.
Other conditions not mentioned above:
• Safety glasses and shoes are required at all times.
• Personal Protective Equipment must be worn where required.
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is positioned to provide solutions for global satellite and wireless communications requirements. Our VertexRSI, Gabriel and Prodelin brands are the market leaders for base station and earth station communications products and services, VSAT antennas and antenna systems, and wireless backhaul products. We offer an exciting range of new communications products and services backed by the same high quality and expertise you've come to rely on.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
|Desired Major|| NONE
Send this job to a friend
|General Dynamics Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
|If you require special assistance or an accommodation please click here.|