Complete Details for Welder II STEEL - N13-15896
|Job Title||Welder II STEEL|
|Relocation Available ?||No|
THIS POSITION IS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING IN KILGORE, TEXAS
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS WELDER CERTIFICATION TEST
MUST BE ABLE and WILLING TO WORK THE AFTERNOON SHIFT
**PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS OPEN FOR DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY. FEE-BASED AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.**
STABLE WORK HISTORY REQUIRED (AT LEAST ONE YEAR AT PREVIOUS JOBS)
Under general supervision, welds ferrous and/or nonferrous metals using MIG and TIG. Performs all work in adherence to safety and quality procedures. Maintains clean work area. Must be capable of passing welding certification tests and blueprint reading of welding symbols.
• Performs simple, routine, and repetitive tasks using standard welding procedures, tools, materials, machines, and equipment.
• Grinds, bevels, and welds; chips weld slag.
• Performs work area cleanup and safety related duties.
• Operates a motor vehicle.
• Operates a forklift.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Supports the needs of the fitters and leadperson.
• Welds to meet AWS D1.1 OR D1.2 Guidelines.
• Complies with all Company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Works during scheduled hours.
• Maintains quality output while meeting department production requirements.
Hazards: Other environmental conditions not mentioned above: • Safety glasses required at all times. • Hearing protection is furnished but not required in all areas.
This position is with General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Government Systems, Inc., but which operationally reports into General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. Benefit packages and policies of General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies may vary from those available at General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce
Experience and Education
• High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of two years experience as a welder required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be able to pass welding certification tests.
• Reading comprehension skills to understand work orders or written instructions.
• Mathematical skills to perform basic calculations.
• Oral communication skills to exchange information with co-workers and supervisor.
• Interpersonal skills to cooperate and work effectively with others.
• Ability to work under time pressure.
• Hand eye coordination, depth perception.
• Ability to see things clearly that are beyond arm’s reach.
• Ability to see small detail.
• Ability to climb ladder.
• Ability to maintain balance on catwalks and narrow work spaces.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to work in awkward positions.
Only qualified candidates will be considered for these positions. To apply, those candidates must submit a resume to our website at http://www.gdsatcom.com. You must specifically identify the requisition by number as the position of interest. Generally, a resume will remain active in our database for 90 days.
Please note that computer resources/web access is available at local state job services, libraries and other public locations.
Internal candidates may apply using the following link:
No Clearance Required
Machines and Equipment Involved:
Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the use of the following tools and equipment:
• Various wrenches (e.g., hammer, pipe, combination, adjustable)
• Hammers (#2 to #18)
• Chains, slings, and boomers
• Welding power supply
• Wire Feeders
• Cutting torch
• Needle scaler
• Overhead crane
• Plate magnets
• Pallet jack
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is positioned to provide solutions for global satellite and wireless communications requirements. Our VertexRSI, Gabriel and Prodelin brands are the market leaders for base station and earth station communications products and services, VSAT antennas and antenna systems, and wireless backhaul products. We offer an exciting range of new communications products and services backed by the same high quality and expertise you've come to rely on.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
|Desired Major|| NONE
Send this job to a friend
|General Dynamics C4 Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
|If you require special assistance or an accommodation please click here.|