|Job Title||Stream Team Architect|
|Location||CA - Calabasas|
|Percentage of Travel||No Travel|
|DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI) is dedicated to making digital entertainment exciting, engaging and effortless by providing state-of-the-art audio technology to hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products worldwide. From a renowned legacy as a pioneer in multi-channel audio, DTS became a mandatory audio format in the Blu-ray Disc™ standard and is now increasingly deployed in enabling digital delivery of movies and other forms of digital entertainment on a growing array of network-connected consumer devices. DTS technology is in home theaters, car audio systems, PCs, game consoles, DVD players, televisions, digital media players, set-top boxes, smart phones, surround music software and every device capable of playing Blu-ray™ discs. Founded in 1993, DTS' corporate headquarters are located in Calabasas, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered U.S. trademark of DTS, Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. © 2011 DTS, Inc. All rights reserved.
Research & Development of Digital Rights Management for content, software security and related stream encapsulation technologies for digital broadcast of media. This individual will assist in technology selection, adaptation and refinement for such strategic partnerships such as Qualcomm, Rovi, and Universal. This is a key addition of a technologist in a vital area for DTS as we go to market with new software distribution models, licensing verification and multiparty relationships such as with Open Source partners.
|Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and technical insight into new Digital Rights Management strategies for streaming content
• Evaluation of software partnerships such as with Open Source/Open Handset Alliance,
• Develop and optimize implementations of common encryption algorithms and Public Key Encryption mechanisms as they relate to audio stream coding.
• Develop underlying security architecture and security policies with standards based frameworks
• Identify, analyze and resolve system design weaknesses
• Provide and act in an overall "architecture" role for the DTS position in the streaming ecosystem by identifying gaps, opportunities, partnerships, technical strategies and products.
• Will provide management leadership of a small team, coordinate within DTS of related activities and provide leadership for coordinated activities such as standards or partnerships
|Required Education and Experience
• Masters degree in Electrical Engineering required. PhD is a plus.
• 5 Years experience with DRM
• 5 Years experience leading a team or function
• Practical applications of DRM in the area of digital media including audio or video
• Formal training in cryptography or data security
• Knowledge of Janus, Silverlight, Fairplay, and Playready experience a plus
• Knowledge of 3D audio techniques and lower level DSP implementation experience would be a big bonus
• Background in software security, electronic game development, mobile applications, PC software distribution or consumer products is a plus
• Must possess excellent computer/programming skills.
• In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) a must.
• Be familiar with implementation of security software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to proof and edit.
• Strong teamwork and project-related skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with little supervision.
|We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.|
|Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Stream Team Architect|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|