|Job Title||Android Developer - Middleware & Apps (SDK/NDK)|
|Location||NJ - Somerset|
|Percentage of Travel||No Travel|
|Founded in 1993, DTS (Nasdaq: DTSI) is a premier audio solutions provider for high-definition entertainment experiences. Headquartered in Calabasas, Calif., DTS also has offices throughout the United States, China, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Our mission is to make the world sound better—anytime, anywhere, on any device. Our audio solutions are designed to enable the recording, post-production, delivery and playback of personalized and immersive high-definition audio. Hundreds of licensee customers around the world have incorporated DTS solutions into more than two billion consumer electronics devices, including televisions, personal computers, smartphones, tablets, digital media players, set-top-boxes, soundbars, wireless speakers, video game consoles, Blu-ray Disc players, audio/video receivers and DVD-based products, as well as home theater systems and automotive audio systems, including HD Radio. DTS has more than 450 employees worldwide and delivered full year revenue of $138 million in 2015.
Be at the forefront of the all-digital, hybrid radio technology global movement. You will help drive the development of Android middleware and applications within a small, high-performing team. Enjoy the satisfaction of seeing everything you create be put into production, while you continue to elevate your skills to new heights under the mentorship of our senior engineering team members and leaders.
|Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Full-cycle software development, including: participating in weekly sprint update meetings, participating in code review sessions, as well as testing and deploying builds
* Feasibility studies on new devices to determine if it's a suitable development platform for our application.
* Adding features and integrating new service layers as needed
* Creating technical documentation to assist device manufacturers with integrating middleware into the build system.
|Required Education and Experience
* Minimum B.S. in Computer Science, M.S. in Computer Science preferred.
* Strong Java and C/C++ development experience
* Android development experience must include:
- Building Android OS from source
- SELinux Policies
- Android application and native software development using the SDK/NDK.
- Linux device driver experience
- Client/Server programming using AIDL.
* Familiar with version control tools (GitHub, SVN or similar).
* Experience developing in an Agile or other iterative methodology environment
|We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.|
|Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|