|Job Title||Linux Systems Administrator|
|Location||CA - Calabasas|
|Job Function||Business Technologies|
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
|DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI) is dedicated to making digital entertainment exciting, engaging and effortless by providing state-of-the-art audio technology to hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products worldwide. From a renowned legacy as a pioneer in multi-channel audio, DTS became a mandatory audio format in the Blu-ray Disc™ standard and is now increasingly deployed in enabling digital delivery of movies and other forms of digital entertainment on a growing array of network-connected consumer devices. DTS technology is in home theaters, car audio systems, PCs, game consoles, DVD players, televisions, digital media players, set-top boxes, smart phones, surround music software and every device capable of playing Blu-ray™ discs. Founded in 1993, DTS' corporate headquarters are located in Calabasas, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered U.S. trademark of DTS, Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. © 2011 DTS, Inc. All rights reserved.
Linux Systems Administrator with 5+ years of experience in the design and support of, but not limited to, Linux, VMWare VSphere and Databases in a multi-site environment.
|Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Linux server installation, administration and troubleshooting
• Installation, configuration, support of servers and associated equipment.
• Shell hardening including iptables, ssh, unused services, closing ports, securing partitions, hardening the kernel, disabling accounts
• Create scripts to automate system processes
• Remote server monitoring and support
• Database installation, administration and troubleshooting
• Installs and debugs new and/or upgraded software on server and client platforms.
• Develops best practices, operational procedures and design documentation.
• Plans and coordinates system utilization, and performs growth analysis and capacity planning.
• Reviews current systems and makes technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
• Plans and manages multiple projects.
• Troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
• Stays up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Evaluates new hardware and software technologies, and presents analysis and purchase recommendations to the management and technical managers on the team.
• Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer oriented team and perform effectively as an independent producer under broad management direction.
• 24/7 on call responsibility to support systems, applications and customers in different time zones.
• Work after-hours and weekends as required.
|Required Education and Experience
Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the design
Bachelor's Degree Required
|We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.|
|Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|