|Job Title||Financial Analyst|
|Location||CA - Calabasas|
|Percentage of Travel||No Travel|
|DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI) is dedicated to making digital entertainment exciting, engaging and effortless by providing state-of-the-art audio technology to hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products worldwide. From a renowned legacy as a pioneer in multi-channel audio, DTS became a mandatory audio format in the Blu-ray Disc™ standard and is now increasingly deployed in enabling digital delivery of movies and other forms of digital entertainment on a growing array of network-connected consumer devices. DTS technology is in home theaters, car audio systems, PCs, game consoles, DVD players, televisions, digital media players, set-top boxes, smart phones, surround music software and every device capable of playing Blu-ray™ discs. Founded in 1993, DTS' corporate headquarters are located in Calabasas, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered U.S. trademark of DTS, Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. © 2011 DTS, Inc. All rights reserved.
Primarily responsible for preparing the company-wide annual budget and forecasts as well as support the budget versus actual reporting process. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
|Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Along with the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, Corporate Controller and VP of Finance and Accounting, prepare comprehensive consolidated annual budget for the US corporate headquarters and its multiple currency international subsidiaries in a complex yet flexible reporting structure.
• Support and interact with division heads and budget managers to compile financial inputs to the budget system and provide updates to budget revisions.
• Assist with the preparation and distribution of budget vs. actual reports to the division heads and budget managers.
• Respond to management and other department requests in a timely and efficient manner.
• Work with other members of the finance department in a positive and team oriented manner.
• Assist in the month-end and quarter-end close process and provide budget vs. actual account analysis.
• Perform various account reconciliations to support the balances maintained in the general ledger, including variance research and analysis.
• Assist in the preparation of schedules for year-end and quarterly audits.
• Prepare financial analysis, reports and other tools to measure financial performance against current budget and forecast and provide guidance to budget managers.
• Various ad-hoc projects and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
|Required Education and Experience
• BA/BS in Accounting or Finance preferred. CPA preferred.
• Previous experience and responsibility for preparing multinational corporation budgets and/or forecasts preferred.
• 2+ years general accounting and financial analysis experience required.
• Experience using Excel and/or Access required.
• Must possess excellent computer skills.
• In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) a must.
• Solid knowledge of advanced Excel functions such as pivot tables and Vlookups.
• Experience with large ERP systems such as Oracle preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to proof and edit.
• Strong teamwork and project-related skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with little supervision.
|We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.|
|Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|