- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Sr Aircraft Electrical Systems Design Engineer (TSII) in Savannah, GA|
- Designs and integrates Data Concentration components and systems within the New Program Development (Advanced Programs) Electrical Systems Engineering (Data Concentration) group to define design, performance, reliability and safety. - Understands Electrical Systems and specifically Data Concentration: - Health and Trend Monitoring Systems, - FDR (Flight Deck Recorder) / CVR (Cockpit Voice Recorder), - EICAS (Engine Indicating and Crew Alerting System) / CMC (Central Maintenance Computer) Systems and Data, - Cockpit Overhead Panel Instruments and Systems, - Aircraft Secondary Power and Generation Systems - Applies company standards, procedures and processes against the Electrical Systems Engineering (Data Concentration Group) Systems. - Shows a general understanding of aircraft integration and design at the enterprise level. - Demonstrates a working knowledge of key elements of airworthiness, regulatory compliance, OEM, and industry-recognized compliance requirements. - Performs Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) to assess risk and severity of failure on system. Includes assessing risk in design, probability testing and factor weighting. - Applies technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve a wide range of difficult engineering problems. - Work and related demonstrated experience related to Aircraft Systems and Aircraft Systems Integration. Pilot license, especially commercial and instrument rating, preferred.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- See Other Requirements in Job Description.10 yrs in the specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors, or 8 yrs in the specific technical discipline with Masters, or 6 yrs in the specific technical discipline with PhD.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
2) Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
3) Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
4) Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
5) Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
6) Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
1) Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
2) Performs other duties as assigned
1) Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred
2) The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Sr Aircraft Electrical Systems Design Engineer (TSII)|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|