- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Project Engineering Manager -- Flight Controls in Savannah, GA|
Previous experience/familiarity in the following area is desirable:The development, integration and testing of aircraft flight controls systems.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience.Fifteen (15) years of engineering experience.Requires five (5) years Project Management experience and completion of appropriate training.See Other Requirements in job description
Establishes requirements, operational objectives and work plans for an important segment of engineering programs. Manages activities through subordinate supervisors and exercises full oversight of priorities, cost, methods and staffing
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions1) Supervises other project engineers and staff. Develops goals and objectives for subordinates. Prioritizes the workload. Makes decisions to hire, trains on methods and procedures, conducts performance appraisals, counsels employees, and makes other personnel decision as required.
2) Creates developmental plans for major aircraft programs or components.
3) Establishes project Statement of Work, Task description, budget estimates and manpower requirements including master scheduling that meets corporate objectives and commitments.
4) Determines practicality of the overall project in regard to function suitability, availability of man-power equipment, and materials, resources, cost, and producibility.
5) Anticipates problems with assigned projects (technical, budget, schedule) and takes appropriate action to prevent their occurrence.
6) Assigns tasks to project and functional group personnel and provides the necessary supervision to meet schedules and fulfill requirements.
7) Keeps engineering management informed of project accomplishments and major problem areas as well as budget and schedule status.
8) Provides project management between Engineering sections and all related activities including Program Management, other departments, vendors, consultants, and customers.
9) Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of technical developments.
10) Approves project related engineering data to assure compliance with corporate policies and FAA/military requirements
11) Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
1) Responsible for developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operation
2) Performs other duties as assigned
1) Assignment to this position requires the approval of the engineering promotion board.
2) Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
3) Works on activities requiring in-depth knowledge and are of major significance to the organization
4) Faulty decisions or recommendations have a long-term effect on the organization resulting in failure to attain major goals or objectives
5) Excellent verbal and written skills, including strong interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial relationship
6) Regularly interacts with senior management and key officials of other organizations
7) Develops and maintains budgets for assigned area, and staffing of Programs across disciplines
8) Has direct employee supervision responsibilities and also have indirect supervision responsibilities
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Project Engineering Manager -- Flight Controls|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|