- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|College Intern-Supply Chain in Savannah, GA|
See Experience/Education Requirements.
- Operating Skills, Knowledge, and AbilitiesEducation & Training Requirements:Junior or Senior level undergraduate or graduate level student currently seeking a degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Materials, or a related degree field.
- 2.8 g.p.a required.
- Knowledge of Lean Principles required.
- Green or Black Belt training/certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced material handling applications/systems, FAA regulations, Quality procedures, Material Handling Standards, Import/Export Regulations, and Traffic/Logistic requirements.Knowledge of MRP/ERP planning systems a plus.
- Knowledge of Basic Supply Chain Management; to include master planning of resources, detailed scheduling and planning and execution and control of operations.
- Strong PC experience; Excel spreadsheets, Word, charts, graphs, presentations, and systems applicable to work area (Corridor, Cognos, CAS etc.).Good analytical and problem-solving skills.Strong verbal and communication skills required.
Seeking a Junior level or above college student, grad student preferred, focusing on Supply Chain and Logistics. The ideal candidate will work closely with management to plan, direct, control material and measure shop floor performance to master schedule (material planning, shop floor work order release planning, dispatch, purchasing, inventory planning, productions control, insuring proper storage and disbursement of material). Oversight and coordination of getting proper materials to the aircraft as required meeting the production schedule.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Maintain controls to ensure all paperwork and system transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
2) Help supervisor to establish and maintain priorities of subordinates to ensure efficient operations, accurate transactions, and quality work.
3) Develops operational and organizational improvements through collaboration, teamwork, and communication with impacted departments.
4) Ensures compliance with all corporate, federal, and international regulations, including but not limited to, FAA/EASA Regulations, Import/Export Compliance, Quality Control, Hazmat, Traffic/Material Handling Standards, and departmental procedures.
5) Assist in planning and coordinating work schedules to achieve corporate objectives within the approved manpower and Material budgets.
6) Identify trends in productivity and process issues; develop improvement actions, and communicate recommendations to senior management (if applicable at site).
7) Develop key indicator metrics and reports as required. Department performance metrics that indicate the trends in meeting internal customer goals and department objectives. (Parts shortages, over time, milestone date tracking, labor hour standards, shop floor schedule variances, etc.), where applicable at site.
8) Ensure proper utilization and maintenance of equipment. Assuring assigned forklifts, vehicles, order picking equipment are kept safely operating and in good working condition at all times, where applicable at site.
9) Conduct weekly communication meetings to ensure flow down of Leadership team information, where applicable at site.
10) Responsible for maintaining 5S to established goals for all department work areas.
11) Maintain high level focus on safety objectives to ensure compliance with all requirements. In case of an employee area, responsible to complete all required reports and assists in any investigations.
12) Utilize Lean principles as standard tool for constant evaluation for improvements in processing and work flows.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|College Intern-Supply Chain|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|