- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Tax Consultant Senior in Savannah, GA|
Experience in sales/use/property and other indirect taxes. Compliance, Audits, Planning. File sales, use, gross receipts, VAT, property and federal excise tax returns. Research and apply indirect tax laws in various states and ensure compliance. Register for all applicable state sales and use and business tax licenses. Review real estate and personal property tax bills and property tax assessments, track property tax appeals status, respond to information requests from taxing jurisdictions. Process month-end entries and reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis. Identify, document, and pursue sales and use tax refund opportunities with the applicable state taxing authority. Maintain exemption certificate file. Provide tax status and exemption certificate as needed for vendors. Provide backup for ensuring tax language is reviewed and corrected on customer contracts/proposals. Support special projects as requested.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or a related curriculum or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Masters in Tax and CPA designation are strongly preferred.Minimum of 4 years experience in Tax.
Applies principles of tax law with a primary focus on basic review of work performed by tax personnel and more in-depth analysis of tax law, knowledge of federal, state, and international compliance requirements, and accounting for income tax.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Analyzes and maintains tax accounting and compliance software and tax records.
2) Prepares and reviews increasing complex federal and state tax returns, forecasts, and projections.
3) Compiles facts, analyzes applicable tax law, and prepares memos of tax findings.
4) Participates and assists in the identification of tax strategies.
5) Analyzes records and tax law in preparation of tax audits.
6) May provide day-to-day guidance to tax staff.
1) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
2) Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications and tax and accounting database software.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Tax Consultant Senior|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|