- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|IT Applications Senior Manager in Savannah, GA|
Experience managing and supporting application software portfolios and Applications Development staff in a manufacturing HR/Legal/Finance organization. Experience with SAP ERP required.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or relevant curriculum; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Twelve (12) years exp in IT applications to include design, development, test, and maintenance exp in multiple operating environments including mainframe and server based technologies; exp with project management methodologies and techniques.
Responsible for driving operational excellence, organizational agility and consistent delivery of high quality applications deliverables. Position supports the organizations goal to be well positioned to deliver innovative solutions and tools that provide tangible value to the business. Has overall responsibility for a team of IT professionals charged with the analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of software applications to accomplish critical IT and/or Business objectives. Fosters, creates and/or promotes a working environment conducive to high levels of individual/team accountability and continued professional development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Works closely with business/functional area owners and staff to ensure all applications deliverables meet business requirements, as well as, expectations for cost, quality and schedule.
2) Evaluates project/task status and resource utilization and implements changes as necessary to improve team effectiveness and to ensure alignment with IT business goals and key initiatives.
3) Delegates tasks and/or responsibilities to subordinate members of the team for action according to their level of applications experience and assigned accountability.
4) Consults with business unit management to identify opportunities for increased functionality of applications portfolio.
5) Creates and executes strategies to introduce: new methodologies, process and technology changes to cut costs, improve operational efficiencies, increase levels of quality, and advance customer satisfaction. Ensures new processes are properly documented and are compliant with standards, regulations and/or guidelines.
6) Determines the frequency and content of status reports from the team to senior/executive management and analyzes discrepancies and initiates corrections as required and communicates business results to the team and other key stakeholders.
7) Determines goals, timelines, budgets, staffing requirements and allotment of applications resources.
8) Drafts and submit business cases, budgets, and/or proposals and secures senior management/business area support and approval as required.
9) Identifies and manages dependencies and critical path issues and resolves outstanding issues and concerns as a result of first line management escalation.
10) Provides leadership, guidance, coaching and performance reviews for team members and assigned contractors. Communicates business/technology vision, strategy/plans and defines team success criteria.
1) Conducts project/program/initiative post mortems and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful elements and ensures the necessary corrections are made.
2) Approves specifications by analyzing design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
3) Builds, fosters and promotes positive relationships among the applications team, key stakeholders internal and external to IT necessary for success.
4) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Five (5) years in a leadership role within an IT environment or business area function(s).
2) Expert knowledge in current software development methodologies and best practices.
3) Proficiency with MS Project and Excel.
4) ERP experience a plus
5) Prior vendor/contract negotiations experience desired.
6) IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Project Management (PMP) certifications are desired.
7) A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
8) A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|IT Applications Senior Manager|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|