- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|IT Applications End User Development Manager in Savannah, GA|
Experience with SAP Business objects a plus. Experience with relational database management systems, client server, and web applications development. Proven experience with applications development in MS Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Fox Pro or similar database development environments. Proven experience with Excel, MS-Access, Word VBA development environment. Proven ability in business process modeling. Experience with Crystal Reporting Development and Deployments or similar client and server reporting products. Experience with Citrix setup and implementations or similar products. Experience with Web Development to include ASP, APS.Net, PHP, HTML, XML and JAVA Script. Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 200x tools set including VB, VB.Net, ASP, ASP.net, C#, C++ and JAVA or similar programming languages. Familiarity with Cognos reporting development and implementations. Familiarity with Middle-Ware tools and implementations. Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX OS environments..
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or relevant curriculum; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Eight (8) years exp in IT applications to include design, development, test, and maintenance exp in multiple operating environments including mainframe and server based technologies; exp with project management methodologies and techniques.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the applications environment and deliverables on multiple concurrent projects for development, enhancements, and defect remediation for assigned applications portfolio. Serves as first line of responsibility to ensure applications meet customer requirements. Ensures that all applications tasks are completed according to project cost, schedule, scope and quality criteria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Provides technical and work direction to the applications team in support of day-to-day operations.
2) Assists in defining and implementing applications development processes, tools and methodologies in order to maximize applications efficiency and effectiveness.
3) Performs resource planning to ensure all active projects are staffed and completed successfully.
4) Consults with business unit management and reviews IT proposals to determine goals, timeline, budget, procedures, staffing requirements and allotment of resources.
5) Provides oversight on break-fix initiatives and the resources assigned to support same through successful completion.
6) Develops comprehensive plans and communication documentation to support IT business goals and key initiatives.
7) Ensures applications processes are followed consistently and are in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, standards, etc.
8) Supervises all team members and provides performance feedback for team members and assigned contractors.
9) Interacts across various functional areas and departments to ensure clear communications and that bi-directional expectations are understood and documented.
10) Certifies applications deliverables as meeting requirements prior to transitioning to customer environment.
1) May be called upon to serve as Project Manager in support of significant projects within their assigned functional area.
2) Proactively identifies opportunities to improve existing methodologies, processes or other areas of service delivery performance.
3) Builds, fosters and promotes positive relationships among the applications team and key stakeholders.
4) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) One (1) year in a leadership role within an IT environment or business area function(s).
2) IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Project Management (PMP) certifications are desired.
3) Expert knowledge in current software development methodologies and best practices.
4) Proficiency with MS Project and Excel.
5) A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
6) A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|IT Applications End User Development Manager|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|