- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Industrial Hygienist in Savannah, GA|
Must have strong verbal and written communcation skills. While have daily contact with employees and managers in order to provide direction, implement EHS programs and reports. See Experience/Education Requirements.
- Bachelors degree in industrial hygiene, chemistry, a related curriculum or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Background in ergonomics a plus.Two (2) years industrial hygiene experience.
- Masters degree in industrial hygiene may offset one year of experience requirement.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
Anticipates, recognizes, evaluates and controls environmental factors and stresses arising in or from the workplace to ensure health and safety of employees. Designs, implements and audits, ergonomic, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, chemical hygiene and hazard communication program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Provides assistance and technical advice. Investigates and gathers data, using a variety of test equipment and sampling methods on conditions and processes utilized in workplace.
2) Conducts field studies and collects samples of dust (concentration), chemical agents (fumes, mists, vapors, and gas) and other potentially toxic materials for analyses. Conducts IAQ (indoor air quality) investigations.
3) Conducts evaluations of exposure to radiation and to noise (sound level, frequency, and dose) and recommends measures to ensure maximum employee protection; reviews all work related illnesses.
4) Complies and analyzes data, prepares reports; takes corrective measures to safeguard work environment.
5) Investigates all complaints and cases of alleged occupational illness to determine cause.
6) Maintains and calibrates all test equipment.
7) Keeps current on governmental regulations dealing with occupational health hazards and diseases. Develops compliance programs for new regulatory requirements.
8) Works with safety personnel and other support staff to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions and equipment.
9) Conducts ergonomic evaluations for hand tools. Also evaluates ergonomic hazards and recommends improvements.
10) Monitors equipment and travel expenses, assists in developing equipment budget, approves equipment purchases
11) Frequent contact with employees plant wide to gather information on exposures/illnesses and explain test results. Occasional contact with other health professionals to keep current on recent developments.
1) Other duties and projects as assigned.
|Category||Environmental Health & Safety/Environmental Health & Safety|
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|