- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Avionics/Electrical Tech Sr in Savannah, GA|
See Experience/Education Requirements.
- High School graduate/GED.
- A & P license, FCC license or NCATT certification preferred.Six (6) years experience in an avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and four (4) years related experience.
Provides leadership, technical expertise and guidance while performing various operational, functional tests and repairs of avionics/electronic, aircraft equipment and systems to ensure a defect free aircraft. Provides superior technical expertise in testing, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact. Demonstrates technical expertise and leadership by defining and implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising Safety or Quality. Demonstrates the knowledge and leadership skills required to fill in for the team leader thus ensuring that the company goals of Safety and Quality are enforced all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Demonstrates superior technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting. Provides direct training to personnel to support company cross-training goals while ensuring a safety conscience, quality oriented, skilled workforce.
2) Teaches the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
3) Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots and teaches troubleshooting processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
4) Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effective and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
5) Oversees the performance and compliance with engineering changes and modifications as required.
6) Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
7) Demonstrates through diligent compliance the importance of daily logs and other paperwork. Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented
8) As required, pre-inspects work of others prior to submitting to inspection for approval to reduce rework and inspection time.
9) Provides the knowledge and technical expertise in testing and maintaining test equipment and electronic systems and components as required.
10) Enforces the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations
11) Maintains required logs and records.
12) Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
13) Coordinates with other disciplines concerning projects.
1) Where required, teaches the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
2) Self inspection capability for all avionics testing functions in applicable areas.
3) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
2) APU run qualification and engine run qualification preferred.
3) Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
4) Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
5) A good understanding of PC, Windows and main frame computer applications including the use of standard computer word processing programs (i.e. Microsoft Word) and appropriate typing skills a plus.
6) Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined areas and lift up to 100 pounds.
|Percentage of Travel||No Travel|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Avionics/Electrical Tech Sr|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|