- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Purchasing Assistant in Westfield, MA|
Proficient with Microsoft Office & Microsoft Access
- High School diploma or GED required.Previous purchasing experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with and understand a computerized system.
Procures materials, supplies and services at the appropriate quality, lowest price and within an acceptable timeframe as required by the company to operate efficiently.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Prepare and data enter purchase orders into computer system accurately, and correct errors in an efficient manner.
2) Maintain vendor database to ensure up-to-date information (e.g., vendor number, name, address, phone number, contact name, payment terms and discount and normal lead time).
3) Contact vendors to place and expedite orders as needed.
4) Gather pricing information for quotations.
5) Maintain purchasing files to include purchase orders, order acknowledgements and quotations.
6) Negotiate acceptable prices and terms with vendors regarding price and delivery of materials in the best interest of the company and customers.
7) Maintain adequate inventory levels by monitoring and replenishing as necessary.
1) Performs other duties as assigned
|Percentage of Travel||No Travel|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|