- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Customer Program Manager in Savannah, GA|
Preferred candidate will have experience dealing directly with foreign government and military operators of Gulfstream products.
- Operating Skills, Knowledge, and AbilitiesTraining & Education Requirements:College Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience (in Project/Program Management) sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Effective negotiation skills required.Must poses excellent computer skills and be proficient in EXCEL, Word, Power Point, and Microsoft Project.Minimum of Requirements:Five (5) years experience in aircraft related field with desire for Sales and/or Customer Service and Project/Program Management experience.A broad overall knowledge of aircraft systems is required.Current working knowledge of applicable FAA regulations and must be familiar with foreign certification requirements.Current working knowledge of Gulfstream manufacturing and Completion policies and procedures preferred.Pilots License and/or Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics License beneficial.Problem Resolution Opportunities:Communications Skills:Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Will maintain daily contact with Manager and management of other departments, Customers and vendors, to exchange information, coordinate activities, and resolve problems encountered in daily operations.
- Frequent contact with department upper management.Must be organized and skilled in managing information and reporting same.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include projecting a positive and professional image required.Other Requirements:Must be willing and able to travel as required and be prepared to do so on short notice.Must be willing to support Customer needs and issues during and after normal working hours.
The Customer Program Manager serves as a single point of contact between Gulfstream and its Customers for all issues during the period between the signing of the new aircraft sales agreement and the completion of the Maintenance Warranty Inspection (MWI). The Customer Program Manager shall assist the Customer in any manner necessary to ensure the Customer has a positive experience while purchasing, completing and placing into service, their new aircraft.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Act as the overall project manager of each aircraft project from sign-up to 150-hour completion of contractual obligations to the Customer.
2) Serve as the (single point of contact) for Gulfstream to the Customer from the contract signing to resolution of contract issues/obligations.
3) Set Customer expectations for the manufacture of their aircraft:Outline general sequence of events.Explain Gulfstream policies and procedures.Explain Customer communications.Define Customer Communications Requirements.
4) Provide timely and detailed reporting of overall project status for each aircraft by maintaining an accurate and up to date Project Plan.
5) Coordinate and assist Customer through Completion Specification and Design process (Up-front process).Coordinate and communicate Completion Specification and Design process, schedule of events, timing, and decisions required and consequences of delayed Customer input or decisions.Introduce Completion Sales and Design Team; assist Customer with any issues that may arise out of this phase with regard to Gulfstream policies and procedures, and/or Gulfstream capabilities. Assist the Completion Sales Executive in managing this phase of the process to meet the pre-determined scheduled delivery date. Resolve open Customer issues in a timely manner.
6) Set Customer expectations for the completion of their aircraft:Communicate general sequence of events and schedule delivery date.Explain Gulfstream policies and proceduresparticularly WCR process. Act as a single point of contact for WCRs.Set customer expectations regarding ASCs /CBs and Program Directives. Coordinate and manage the inclusion of those activities as required. Act as a single point-of-contact to resolve open issues.Explain Customer communicationsemail reporting process, telephone access, and site visits. Customer will be informed of all activities and issues regarding their aircraft through Weekly Status Reports.Quickly and completely identify any completion production issues that arise during this process. Work with the Customer and Gulfstream Completion personnel to effectively negotiate a resolution to these issues in the most satisfactory and timely manner.Communicate milestone manufacturing events, arrange for customer visits (if desired)Completion Center Induction, Major Furniture Buyoff prior to installation; Strip Layout Approval; Cold Soak Flight; and Customer Acceptance Flight.
7) Communicate and manage the project administration issues. Keep Customer abreast of Contract Management issues and paperwork, and WCR issues and paperwork. Provide GAC management with timely reports on any issues which may materially effect the schedule timing, delivery, or acceptance of the aircraft.
8) Coordinate and manage Customers requirements for:Required Publications and Technical Data.Training Either GAC, SimuFlite, or Flight Safety.Transitional SupportIn-service Pilot Assistance and Maintenance.Coordinate and manage additional technical support as requiredSpares, Warranty, and GSE.
9) Accept, manage and coordinate aircraft delivery process and ceremonies. Act as Customer liaison for Contract Management Department to assure all contract issues are resolved in a timely and mutually satisfying manner.
10) Manage and coordinate the resolution of Customer issues that arise between Customer Acceptance and 150 hour inspection. Coordinate with the GAC Warranty Administration department to assure timely completion of all outstanding issues.
11) Act as project coordinator for all aircraft being completed in non-Gulfstream facilities (i.e. Jet Aviation Basel) when necessary.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Customer Program Manager|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|