- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|NDT Technician Senior in Savannah, GA|
|Alternate Location(s)||Savannah, GA -|
Person is preferred to have: on aircraft NDT level II experience with metals and composites.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- NDT Level II certification in all five (5) disciplines.
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license or Repairman Certificate preferred.
- ASQC certification preferred.Eight (8) years technically related experience.
- Experience requirements may be decreased by one (1) year for ASNT certifications or by two (2) years for an NDT Associate Degree.
In a team oriented environment, performs all tasks in area of responsibility in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies and installations are built to type design data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Performs non-destructive tests (NDT) and determines product acceptability to the authorized limits of the NDT level obtained in accordance with prescribed methods and procedures.
2) Performs NDT airworthiness inspection duties in support of customer aircraft.
3) Records, organizes and evaluates test results and enters results into applicable documents.
4) Assists in the development of and correction/update of NDT inspection plans.
5) Ensures compliance to all radiation safety rules and regulations and provides protection to self and others during testing.
6) Maintains equipment and assures calibration for tests to be performed.
7) Maintains inventory control of area equipment.
1) Works with and provides training for area NDT inspectors in techniques of NDT inspection and other related duties.
2) Coordinates NDT inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
3) Performs process control on area inspection equipment.
4) Performs post inspection corrosion prevention on ferrous parts.
5) Performs exposure room interlock safety checks, establishes radiation safety barriers, zeros pocket dosimeters, operates radiation survey meters and completes applicable survey logs and forms.
6) Performs magneto-optical eddy current imaging (MOI) inspections for 2nd layer corrosion detection.
7) Develops NDT procedures and techniques in support of production, in-service, experimental and aging aircraft inspection programs.
8) Travels as needed to support customer NDT needs or requests.
9) Provides technical guidance to Tech Ops concerning NDT of Gulfstream aircraft.
10) Performs radiographic portion of the Welders Qualification Certification Program.
11) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Three (3) years NDT experience on aircraft supporting airworthiness decisions.
2) MAUS-V, Omni-Scan, hardness testing experience preferred.
3) Proficient in blueprint reading/interpretation, shop mathematics, and QA System requirements.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|