- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Business & Technology Integration Sr Architect in Savannah, GA|
3. Excellent understanding of computer networks as they relate to software and database design, development and implementation. This includes knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, Routers, Firewalls, Security Certificates and DMZ environments. 4. Keeps abreast of IT industry and technology trends across diverse technologies and processing environments. 5. Exposure to multiple architecture environments: Mainframe, Windows Server (NT), Sun Servers, HP Servers. 6. Strong knowledge and understanding of web concepts, technology, and tools. 7. Architectural knowledge of typical architectures found in large corporate clients, including hands on experience with: • Variety of IT systems and applications including operating systems, security technologies and software design tools. • J2EE and .NET technologies, including ability to determine appropriate server architectures including JSPs, Servlets, EJBs, Web Services, .NET Components
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- See Other Requirements in description.A minimum of fifteen (15) years experience as an IT professional with broad experience across multiple IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
Perform the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks to provide new capabilities to the business by integrating enabling technologies. Drawing upon the operating plan from each business area, leverage enabling technologies to assist with meeting the desired goals, objectives and strategies of the business. Lead the creation of fully integrated system (application and infrastructure) architectures, as required. Deliver sustainable and scalable information technology architecture and performs required planning and oversight for its full lifecycle from proof-of-concept to implementation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Develop and maintain familiarity with business goals, objectives and strategies across the business domains.
2) Collaborate with IT Business Partners and business stakeholders to develop fully integrated solutions to address business needs by engaging subject matter experts as necessary.
3) Perform research assignments on new technology and how they can be integrated into the enterprise to deliver new capabilities in the business.
4) Follow the Strategic Planning Lifecycle approach to further mature high value opportunities by validating the enabling technology in context with the current Gulfstream environment.
5) Develop and maintain familiarity with the existing application and infrastructure environment.
6) Continuously evaluate IT efficiency, existing technology effectiveness and interoperability to identify focus areas for improvement.
7) Understand application and infrastructure integration needs and the corresponding impact to the IT architecture.
8) Direct the governance activities associated with enterprise solution architecture compliance.
9) Work closely with Information Security team to ensure that IT architecture complies with General Dynamics security policies.
10) Facilitate introduction of new technologies that can provide greater capabilities, improved productivity or reduce costs for core IT applications and infrastructure beyond sight of business management and end-users (middleware, SOA, etc.)
11) Assist in architectural design and integration of business capabilities to right set of solutions and technologies.
12) Build business relationships and partnerships and maintain relevance to functional clients.
13) Participate in benchmarking and influence vendors roadmap and product direction.
14) Develops high-level view of current and proposed IT architectures.
15) Participate in evolution of technology and business roadmaps.
16) Works with application and infrastructure teams to a satisfy business needs.
17) Conducts technical evaluations and performs cost/benefit analysis.
18) Maintains a current knowledge of technology developments in related areas and evaluates impact on company objectives and IT architecture.
1) Engage with industry experts and solution providers for additional technology exploration.
2) Gain deeper understanding by proofs of concept or prototyping solutions, if applicable.
3) Capture costs, benefits, risks and other key data to assess viability.
4) Develop proposals for viable technologies to present to IT and business area management teams.
5) Serve as liaison with suppliers and coordinate on-site and off-site supplier technology evaluations.
6) Assists with evaluation and recommendations regarding purchased software packages, hardware platforms and supporting services.
7) Assists with development and implementation of technical standards, hardware standards, and software standards.
8) Communicate and enforce IT standards.
9) Assists with hardware, software and project approvals.
10) Performs other duties as assignedA credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
1) Understanding of architectural principles including performance, scalability, security, availability and flexibility and how to design for them.
2) Excellent understanding of computer networks as they relate to software and database design, development and implementation. This includes knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, Routers, Firewalls, Security Certificates and DMZ environments.
3) Keeps abreast of IT industry and technology trends across diverse technologies and processing environments.
4) Exposure to multiple architecture environments: Mainframe, Windows Server (NT), Sun Servers, HP Servers.
5) Strong knowledge and understanding of web concepts, technology, and tools.
6) Architectural knowledge of typical architectures found in large corporate clients, including hands on experience with: Variety of IT systems and applications including operating systems, security technologies and software design tools. J2EE and .NET technologies, including ability to determine appropriate server architectures including JSPs, Servlets, EJBs, Web Services, .NET Components
7) Proven experience in systems design and development.
8) Strong knowledge of technology evaluation principles and practice.
9) Ability to determine the architectural implications of the business strategies to each of the respective architecture layers (process, application, information, technology)
10) Demonstrated ability to create compelling case for change with internal customers and corporate functions using robust, business case driven arguments as well as marketing of success stories and softer benefits
11) Superior written and oral communication skills.
12) Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills.
13) Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
14) Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
15) Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
16) Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
17) Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
18) Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.1
9) Provides technical direction through enabling technologies for IT organization.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|