- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|IT Apps Solution Architect in Savannah, GA|
Experience architecting Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Forms applications Experience architecting .NET and Visual Basic applications Experience architecting web applications Experience architecting C++, Java, Perl applications a plus
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant curriculum; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.A minimum of twelve (12) years experience as an IT professional with broad experience across multiple IT disciplines.
- See Other Requirements in description.
Under general supervision, defines and implements IT application solutions, within the constraints of existing enterprise architectural standards, which meets the requirements of one or more business areas while achieving an acceptable cost of ownership. Assists in the development and deployment of systems, methodologies, standards and processes that support the application development and support functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Creates application architectures and designs and configures complex enterprise applications based on the business requirements.
2) Documents the desired future state of application architecture, and documents the gaps between current and future states. Define transition plans to close the gaps.
3) Makes IT solution recommendations that have an important impact on segments of the business.
4) Develops high-level view of current and proposed IT architectures.
5) Serves as technical expert in one or more applications within a portfolio.
6) Assures that solution designs meet requirements for scalability, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
7) Under minimal direction, plans and conducts research in application technologies in support of business objectives.
8) Participates in the assessment and resolution of software defects discovered during the quality assurance process.
9) Works with software designers, QA engineers, technical writers, configuration management and infrastructure, as needed, to ensure quality and the successful implementation of new applications or features.
10) Assists project management with the development of work breakdown structures and project plans required to implement applications
11) Participates in design reviews for implementation projects.
12) Assists IT and Business groups in the evolution of technology and business roadmaps.
13) Conducts technical evaluations and performs cost/benefit analysis.
14) Assists in the development of the disaster recovery strategy.
15) Understands IS Security measures and current standards, practices and technology.
1) Serves as liaison with suppliers.
2) Assists with evaluation and recommendations regarding purchased software packages, and supporting services.
3) Supports management in recruiting, hiring and career development
4) Using knowledge of technology and existing systems, mentors junior staff to design, build and maintain application systems.
5) Performs other duties as assigned
1) IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) exposure is highly preferred
2) Solid understanding of system lifecycle methodologies.
3) Experience working in teams.
4) Proficiency with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) desired.
5) Proficiency with MS Office.
6) Ability to solve problems quickly and completely. Ability to identify tasks which require or can benefit from automation.
7) Strong inter-personal and communication skills; must be capable of explaining complex procedures in writing or verbally. Must be able to write proposals and make presentations to internal customers and professional peers. Works closely with upper management
8) Provides technical direction for application development teams.
9) A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|