- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Engineer I (NX) in Appleton, WI|
This is an entry level Design Engineer position in Structural/Mechanical Engineering for Final Phase Completions. Design responsibilities primarily involve engineering design of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft. Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations. Design engineer will design installations for aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation. Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either AutoCAD or CATIA V5. Design engineer will participate in stress training to gain competency in Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis, Small Item Installation Analysis, Similarity Analysis and Mount Configuration along with any other required items. Design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods. Design assignments are executed under the direction of the Structural/Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule. Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Structural/Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- See Other Requirements in Job Description.Entry level position.
- 0-1 year experience.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and solution of basic problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes by completing discrete engineering tasks on schedule
2) Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to resolve routine issues
3) Analyzes and evaluates results of project activities
4) Prepares recommendations for changes and compiles necessary reports for various department supervision
5) Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis/test results and works toward corrective action
1) Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
2) Continues learning and developing knowledge of application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise
3) Performs other duties as assigned
1) The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade level will be established by each discipline
2) Work is closely supervised/monitored, follows established procedures and methods
3) Failure to achieve results may cause delays in program schedules
4) Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats
5) Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, mentor, and other exempt professionals in the group or department
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|