- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Engineer II - PS Struct/Mech in Appleton, WI|
This Design Engineer position is for the Product Support Mechanical/Structural Engineering Group. This group performs customized mechanical design engineering work for modifications to Gulfstream, Hawker, Challenger and Falcon aircraft. Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets and other storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, entertainment equipment installations, avionics system support including retrofit and new installations, and seating (floorplan) reconfigurations. Drawings are created utilizing AutoCAD. Knowledge of Catia v. 5 and SmarTeam is desirable. The Product Support segment is an exciting, dynamic, and fast-paced environment that requires flexibility, adaptability and quick learning skills to meet our customers' needs.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- See Other Requirements in Job Description.18 months related engineering experience with Bachelors, or less than 18 months engineering experience with Masters or PhD.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline
2) Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones
3) Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity
4) Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments
5) Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy
6) Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures
1) Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
2) Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise
3) Performs other duties as assigned
1) The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
2) Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures
3) Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources
4) Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats
5) Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues
6) Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity
7) With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff
|Percentage of Travel||No Travel|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|