- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Enterprise Technical Architecture Manager in Savannah, GA|
Ability to teach and adapt Enterprise Architecture (EA) frameworks (such as Zachman, TOGAF, DoDAF, FEAF/TEAF, GERAM) Understanding of architectural principles including performance, scalability, security, availability and flexibility and how to design for them. Excellent understanding of computer networks as they relate to software and database design, development and implementation. This includes knowledge of TPC/IP, DHCP, Routers, Firewalls, Security Certificates and DMZ environments. Architectural knowledge of typical architectures found in large corporate clients, including hands on experience with: • Variety of IT systems and applications including operating systems, security technologies and software design tools. • J2EE and .NET technologies, including ability to determine appropriate server architectures including JSPs, Servlets, EJBs, Web Services, .NET Components
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or technology-related field: or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Fifteen (15) years experience in developing enterprise and infrastructure architectures.
- See Other Requirements in description.
Performs the necessary leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise technical architecture (ETA).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Consult with infrastructure development project teams to fit infrastructure to architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate infrastructure needs.
2) Understand, advocate and augment the principles of business and IT and more specifically enterprise architecture (EA) strategies.
3) Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy) to derive technical architecture.
4) Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
5) Analyze technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
6) Sell the enterprise architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
7) Define the principles that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
8) Design and lead the implementation of an ETA (Enterprise Technology Architecture) based on business strategies and IT strategies, as well as to rectify gaps and pain points within the current state.
9) Assist with designing the governance activities associated with ensuring ETA (Enterprise Technology Architecture) compliance.
10) Oversee or consult on technical architecture (for example, systems) implementation and modification activities (for example, projects), particularly for new and/or shared infrastructure solutions
11) Oversee and facilitate the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
12) Consult with project architects on application or infrastructure development projects to oversee fit of systems or infrastructure to the technical architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
13) Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of the ETA (Enterprise Technology Architecture).
14) Oversee documentation of necessary technical architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project postmortem documentation and metric collection.
1) Fosters an internal and/or external customer-focused environment
2) Sets and communicates clear and aligned goals
3) Monitors progress and ensures leaders in own organization do the same.
4) Partners with other IT senior management through recommendations for continuous improvement in work methods, departmental processes, and technology toolsets.
5) Holds people accountable for achieving their goals
6) Establishes aggressive, yet realistic goals for the division.
7) Gets results that have a clear positive and direct impact on business performance
8) Performs other duties as assignedA credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
1) Business functional experience a plus.
2) Formal Management and/or Leadership training a plus.
3) Managing teams of one to five direct reports as well as simultaneously managing and least one to five indirect resources in a matrixed environment is preferred.
4) Proven track record of enterprise architecture management in a technology and/or related business environment preferred.
5) Demonstrates enterprise thinking and influence across functional boundaries, organizational levels, and with external partners.
6) Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
7) Ability to teach and adapt Enterprise Architecture (EA) frameworks (such as Zachman, TOGAF, DoDAF, FEAF/TEAF, GERAM)
8) Understanding of architectural principles including performance, scalability, security, availability and flexibility and how to design for them.
9) Excellent understanding of computer networks as they relate to software and database design, development and implementation. This includes knowledge of TPC/IP, DHCP, Routers, Firewalls, Security Certificates and DMZ environments.
10) Keeps abreast of IT industry and technology trends
11) Exposure to mobile technologies and methods.
12) Strong knowledge and understanding of web concepts, technology, and tools.
13) Architectural knowledge of typical architectures found in large corporate clients, including hands on experience with:1
4) Variety of IT systems and applications including operating systems, security technologies and software design tools.
15) J2EE and .NET technologies, including ability to determine appropriate server architectures including JSPs, Servlets, EJBs, Web Services, .NET Components1
6) Experience in integrating multiple vendor applications and legacy systems1
7) Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment1
8) Build relationships by cultivating networks with people across a variety of functions and organizations within the organization.1
9) Demonstrate a consistent track record of delivering on commitments20. Responds resourcefully and constructively to new demands, priorities, and challenges21) Foster collaboration by creating an environment that encourages honest and open discussion of all issues, even controversial ones.2
2) Chooses the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, trade-offs, timing and available resources.2
3) Manages risk contingencies and opportunities as part of the planning process.2
4) Take immediate and independent action to resolve issues or problems when they arise.2
5) Challenges the way it has always been done creating an environment that rewards visionary thinking, innovation and risk taking.2
6) Ability to develop and deliver highly effective presentations to all levels of management.2
7) Ability to translate business needs into IT goals and objectives that are understandable to all employees.2
8) Establishes methods and ensures proper dissemination of IT communications to the business.2
9) Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills30. Excellent leadership and management skills31) Is effective and persuasive in both written and verbal communication at an executive level and below.3
2) Provides direct and indirect supervisory management over IT staff. 3
3) Makes recommendations on decisions to hire, terminate or discipline; provides input into performance appraisals and makes other personnel decisions as necessary.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|