- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|IT Infrastructure Sr Manager in Savannah, GA|
See Experience/Education Requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant technical discipline.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Masters Degree may offset one year where a PhD in related field maybe used to reduce work experience by two years.8 years of IT and business/industry work experience to include 3 years of experience in managing multiple, medium to large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
Leads the implementation of IT infrastructure business directives on an enterprise level. Analyzes IT industry trends making recommendations regarding the relative impact to current and future enterprise infrastructure needs. Interfaces with IT Directors, business unit leaders and other IT functional area management to determine infrastructure support needs and solutions for improving service capacity, efficiency and effectiveness. Builds relationship with both business and IT leaders. Also, acts as the key point of contact and subject matter expert for infrastructure service providers. Manages the review and direction for supplier provided activities, ensuring that the suppliers performance meets or exceeds the contractual service-level commitments. Manages the day-to-day supplier operations and performance against company expectations, examines measured results for problem determination and root-cause analysis, and takes appropriate action to correct failed activities, functions and processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Manages the implementation of infrastructure strategy, architecture, service delivery standards and procedures for the enterprise.
2) Participates in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices (e.g., ITIL) as related to the needs of the business.
3) Manages metrics, key performance indicators and service level agreements driving the performance and improvement of IT service delivery.
4) Manages the IT service delivery of infrastructure services including servers, networks, storage, e-mail, and other shared technology platforms across the enterprise.
5) Manages the infrastructure resources and suppliers who implement and support infrastructure solutions form kick-off to deployment, working closely with all parties to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations.
6) Builds relationships with customers and manages customer expectations. Translates business requirements into actionable service provider SOWs/SLAs/performance requirements that accurately reflect the business needs.
7) Develops and manages the relationship with multiple infrastructure service providers
8) Manages multiple initiatives ensuring alignment to business goals.
9) Provides an issue escalation path to resolve vendor performance disputes. Acts as the primary contact for all incident management with multiple internal and external providers.
10) Ensures that service providers perform root-cause analysis for failed performance metrics and that corrective actions are implemented, and resolve performance issues
11) Develops governance process frameworks for interactions and integrations with and/or between the different provider(s).
1) Experience in at least two of the following areas: network design and administration, data center operations, database administration, and systems programming and administration.
2) Works closely with business unit executives and technical teams on critical infrastructure planning initiatives and provides leadership and problem solving expertise.
3) Requires keen understanding of datacenter and server technologies, capacity planning, infrastructure methodologies and processes. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
4) Equally effective communicating with audiences that range from executive management to frontline employees.
5) Fosters continuous improvement of service provider processes, tools, execution and performance.
6) Provides inputs to evaluation and selection, and contract negotiations for IT acquisitions.
7) Reviews SLAs and SLA changes for adherence to customer needs and that they benchmark to industry best practices
8) Ability to deliver difficult messages.
9) Performs other duties as assigned.A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
1) Strong initiative in identification and resolution of open issues. Strong decision making on guidance/direction to IT business due to impact on work processes and outcomes.
2) Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
3) Works under general supervision of senior management. Interfaces with operations and procurement to ensure efficient delivery of services.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|