- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Inventory Material Specialist II (2nd shift) in Savannah, GA|
***This is a 2nd shift position.***
See Experience/Education Requirements.
- High school graduate/GED.
- Must be able to obtain Q or PQ/RI stamp.
- Ability to comply with FAA regulations and Quality procedures.
- Ability to pass math and reading assessment.Two (2) years of experience in materials, shipping, receiving, warehouse or stockroom operations.
- Demonstrated experience in materials coordination.
- Basic knowledge of computer operation.
- Capable of working in an automated inventory system.
Under moderate supervision, responsible for a variety of material functions including stocking/distribution of materials, inventory accuracy, and data entry within the applicable stockroom/warehouse. Responsible for verifying material received.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Interpret route cards to ensure accurate disbursement of materials.
2) Ensure proper putaway/stocking of inventory.
3) Unload carrier vehicles, sort material by destination and ensure material is moved by scanning material to proper locations.
4) Check incoming freight for mishandling and damages; describe and note damages on carrier waybills.
5) Move material from one staging/stocking location to another using appropriate inventory transactions.
6) Responsible for the picking and issuing of material using automated picklist or various pull processes. Ensure the pulling and timely delivery of material to meet production schedules.
7) Process all unplanned demand orders within appropriate inventory system for picking of material and expedite to using department.
8) Process non-stock purchase order, loans/DMT and manufacturing orders through the appropriate receipt process.
9) Generate parts identification tags (e.g. 307 tags).
10) Process internal stock transfers from one plant to another with accuracy
11) Operate material handling equipment and company vehicles as required.
12) Unload, load and move engines as required. Uncrate and move thrust reverses and nose cowls.
13) Responsible for part/aisle accuracy in assigned areas.
14) Responsible for packaging shipments of aircraft, non-aircraft material, literature and other GAC items being shipped to customer or supplier to meet GAC needs.
15) Work independently and as a team on pulling and issuing of parts to production departments.
16) Learn and apply Lean concepts within functional responsibilities. Support a continuous improvement culture including lean principles, sustainability initiatives, ergonomic improvements, safety, and cross functional teams.
1) Perform work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involving limited responsibility.
2) Ensure housekeeping in work area and comply with all company safety regulations.
3) Assist team leader in area operation improvements.
4) Perform other duties as required.
1) On feet most of shift and must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
2) Requires ability to operate forklift and gas carts.
3) May be required to work overtime, various shifts, and weekend coverage as required by production schedule.
|Percentage of Travel||No Travel|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|