- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Final Line Mechanic III in Savannah, GA|
See Experience/Education Requirements.
- High School graduate/GED.
- Airframe and Power Plant License preferred.Five (5) years aerospace/aviation experience.
- One (1) year Gulfstream aircraft experience preferred.
In a team oriented work environment, perform aircraft installation of parts and components, lines, cables, etc. in area assigned using required tools and appropriate prints, specifications, and operational requirements to complete work assigned through final inspection, and assure conformance to specifications. Train other team members in methods and procedures. May serve as an acting Team Coordinator as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Perform the most complex structure or aircraft installations, repairs, rework or tests, requiring familiarity with all functions of components and systems to be installed; ensure all parts/assembly meet requirements.
2) By using proper documentation and control, manage all parts and disposition of parts in assigned work station.
3) Instruct and assist other team members in interpretation of blueprints, drawings, and engineering orders; develop methods and shop aids to resolve production installation difficulties and problems.
4) Coordinate work with other departments to ensure smooth workflow.
5) Responsible for quality and efficiency of own installations; make repairs per discrepant material tags, material review request; performs necessary work to ensure installations meet conformity.
6) Use a variety of tools and equipment to successfully complete component installation.
7) Troubleshoot mechanical and structural problems.
8) Update and sign required logs and records as required.
9) May be required to plan and organize workloads and resource requirements.
10) Maintain a neat and orderly work area, support the company FOD and 5S programs and comply with all safety regulations
11) Demonstrate Gulfstream Manufacturing competencies in the employee effectiveness review.
12) Maintain and use all logs and records such as MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs, etc.
13) Support continuous improvement processes as assigned.
1) Perform other duties as assigned.
1) Must be able to use mathematical formulas by solving dimensional; problems using fractions, decimals and whole numbers.
2) Thorough knowledge in the use of multiple measuring devices, demonstrated ability to use within specified tolerance.
3) Production Quality training.
4) Solumina and Smarteam experience preferred.
5) Requires ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
6) Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and ability to perform close tolerance work such as drilling, reaming, ship fitting parts, etc. Must be able to use all tools required to do the job.
7) Ability to operate hydraulic mule pumps, tools, fixtures, and jigs.
8) Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small-space restricted areas and lift up to 50 lbs.
|Percentage of Travel||No Travel|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|