- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Certification Inspector in Savannah, GA|
1) Previous designee experience preferred (i.e. DAR-F/T, DMIR, ODAR, ODA Unit Member, etc.). 2) Candidates must meet the General Qualifications of Gulfstream ODA Manual 126.96.36.199 and be eligible for ODA Inspection Authorized Representative (AR) appointment. 3) Understanding and working knowledge of 14 CFR Part 21 requirements and application of related FAA Advisory Circulars and Orders pertaining to certification activities (i.e. 8130.21, 8130.2, etc.). 4) Familiarity of designee activities and requirements reflected in FAA Order 8100.8.
- High School graduate/GED.
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license preferred or must be able to obtain a Repairman Certificate.
- ASQC certification preferred.
- Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred.Seven (7) years aircraft inspection experience to include three (3) years Gulfstream experience inspecting Gulfstream model operational aircraft.
In a team oriented environment, performs certification inspections in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft airworthiness. Physically inspects aircraft, aircraft components, and reviews related paperwork to ensure that workmanship meets acceptable standards of quality and that customer aircraft are returned to service in an airworthy condition with all required documentation properly completed and filed. As an ODA Inspection Authorized Representative (IAR) or FAA Designee, works as an integral part of the Quality Control team assuring all delivered aircraft/components are certified to FAA requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Performs inspection and airworthiness inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, travelers, route cards, technical specifications, QC/QA procedures and instructions and other related documents. Conducts first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures and ensures all associated records are properly completed.
2) Performs inspections and certifies aircraft as airworthy prior to delivery and Return to Service.
3) Issues an FAA 8130-3 certification document for all articles certified as airworthy.
4) Plans and performs certification inspections to type design requirements in support of aircraft/component certification.
5) Continually monitors repair station compliance with FAR Part 145 and the FAA accepted site Repair Station and Quality Control Manual.
6) Develops and approves aircraft log book entries relating to aircraft configuration and installations.
7) Performs FAA aircraft/component certification activities as an IAR.
8) As an IAR, manages all aircraft certification activities.
9) Works with and provides technical support to inspection personnel in supporting the FAA documented requirements.
10) Supports the coordination of inspection workloads according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
1) Works with, supports and instructs quality control inspection personnel in techniques of inspection functions and other related duties of the area.
2) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Competent in the use of all job related tools and equipment.
2) Proficient in blueprint reading, use/interpretation of Maintenance Manuals, CMP, ADTS, Travelers, Customer Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, test specifications and other inspection related documentation as required.
3) Proficient knowledge of Quality Assurance Manual requirements.
4) Must possess a verifiable working knowledge of the FAA regulations, directives and guidance pertinent to issuance of export airworthiness approvals & conformity determination as defined in FAA Order 8100.8A Appendix I and 8100.
5) Must be able to complete the knowledge based test in FAA Order 8100.8A Appendix I as part of the application process.
6) Must be capable of obtaining ODAR certification within 3 months of assignment.
|Percentage of Travel||No Travel|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|