- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|Mfg Engineer II in Savannah, GA|
Mechanical engineering degree with some tooling experience desired. Catia V5 and/or CNC machining experience a plus. APICS certification highly desirable.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Three (3) years Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
Under minimal supervision, independently prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Perform technical studies of a complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
2) Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving vendor problems.
3) Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
4) Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
5) Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings.
6) Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
7) Perform audit of co-workers output based on defined requirements and procedures. Must demonstrate knowledge of ME policies and procedures.
8) Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
9) Utilize CADAM/CATIA data and nesting software to generate flat patterns, Master Models, NC data, and ply nests to meet Engineering and Manufacturing requirements.
10) With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations
11) Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
12) Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
13) Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan.
1) Ensure Quality policies are being practiced; make recommendations and implement procedures to improve quality.
2) Initiate and maintain accurate daily/weekly activity status based on work output, as required.
3) Perform other duties as assigned.
1) Proven knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
2) Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
3) Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, etc.
4) Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or higher preferred.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|