- Careers Home
- Our Company
- Why Gulfstream?
- Your Opportunity
- Events & Recruiting
- Application Process
- Contact Us
|<--- Previous Job||Next Job --->|
|SAP Basis Applications Designer in Savannah, GA|
- SAP Basis administration and technical core competencies tasks including SAP and SUSE Linux software installation and configuration, upgrade, applying Support Packages, and installation of add-on software components - Maintaining ECC, APO, BPC, HANA, Portal, Netweaver and Solution manager systems with dual stack - Execute daily operational activities related to the SAP environment including; object transports, setup/configuration, operational SAP monitoring, troubleshooting and error handling, performance/tuning, and problem determination/resolution - Linux scripting, database creations, migrations, system sizing, standby systems configurations, storage management, database backups, recovery and DR for SAP systems - SUSE Linux administration and building high availability of SAP systems (fail-over, disaster recovery etc.) - Maintaining interfaces to 3rd party technologies such as HP Quality Center, Adobe Forms, Kofax, Redwood job scheduler, Loadrunner, bolt-ons - Operational support for SAP systems and technical application infrastructure, including Solution Manager, CCMS, and CTS management. - Proactively monitors systems and performs root cause analysis of production, QA and development system issues using CCMS, Solution Manager and other 3rd party software. - Administers and executes release management for Enhancement Packages, Support Packs and upgrade paths for all SAP components. - Responsible for performance management, application optimization, tuning, load balancing, proactively to provide a stable SAP landscape. - Performs SAP application upgrades and Enhancement Package activation. - Develops, designs and documents SAP Disaster Recovery Procedures and test. - Performs daily system checks of all logs and keep records to determine system usage growth, file system growth, and help plan future infrastructure requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant curriculum; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.A minimum of six (6) years experience as an IT professional with broad experience across multiple IT disciplines.
- See Other Requirements in description.
Designs, develops, tests and implements application software including client, server and middleware. This includes designing and building algorithms and data structures and application performance monitoring and tuning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Creates software design at the component level based on the application architecture and the detailed business requirements.
2) Develops algorithms and data structures
3) Develops strategies for the monitoring, preventive maintenance and disaster recovery of applications.
4) Serve as technical expert in at least one application within a portfolio.
5) Assures that solution designs meet requirements for scalability, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
6) Participates in the assessment and resolution of software defects.
7) Assists project management with the development of work breakdown structures, project plans and skills required to develop and implement applications.
8) Participates in design reviews for implementation projects.
9) Conducts technical evaluations.
10) Participates in the review, business case development and implementation of software development tools, methodology and software development standards
11) Understands IS Security measures and current standards, practices and technology.
1) Serves as liaison with suppliers for sustaining activities.
2) Assists with evaluation and recommendations regarding purchased software packages, and supporting services.
3) Using knowledge of technology and existing systems, mentors junior staff on building and maintaining application systems.
4) Performs other duties as assigned
1) Expert in one or more software development languages.
2) IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) exposure is desired.
3) Solid understanding of system lifecycle methodologies, software development tools and standards.
4) Experience working in teams.
5) Proficiency with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) desired.
6) Proficiency with MS Office.
7) Ability to solve problems quickly and completely. Ability to identify tasks which require automation.
8) Strong inter-personal and communication skills; must be capable of explaining complex procedures in writing or verbally. Must be able to write proposals and make presentations to internal customers and professional peers.
9) Provides technical direction for application development teams.
10) A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
Submit Your Resume Now
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|