GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Programmer in California, Maryland|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Under immediate supervision, modifies applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains those programs This level is staffed by beginners who have had sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify them to start in applications programming. Note: This position does not perform systems analysis functions.
The Developer's tasks include:
• Database analysis and design using Oracle Designer
• Identification of primary, foreign, unique and check key constraints on tables
• Creation or alteration of database tables, constraints, indexes, triggers, sequences, views, roles, synonyms and database links
• Creation and modification of PL/SQL procedures and SQL scripts
• Maintenance of database data integrity
• Performance tuning of SQL statements, including utilization of explain plans
• Utilize Toad and SQL Plus for data analysis
• Actively participate in relational and star schema table design sessions and technical meetings to consult and affirm approach to satisfy user requirements
• Create, modify, test and document ETL mappings, transformations and workflows utilizing Informatica software
• Create and modify UNIX shell scripts
• Design, develop, test, document and deploy standard and recurring summary, analytical, Corporate, & Executive Business Objects reports to include tabular, drilling, and charting techniques and to support the NAVAIR business and financial communities, i.e., Total Force, Navy ERP
• Develop Business Objects dashboards and cockpits, utilizing interactive metric trends, gauges, charts and speedometers to assist in providing barrier analysis NAVAIR business and financial communities, i.e., Total Force, Navy ERP
• Modify joins and contexts as necessary to maintain the validity and integrity of more than fifty Business Objects universes and hundreds of reports
This position involves implementing complex ETL code, creating and executing test plans and performing data analysis to gain an understating of how the enterprise uses the data. It includes providing day-to-day support for operational data warehouse environment plus providing resource estimates, and tracking status within the project. Successful candidates must complete required design deliverables to meet the business requirements and communicate project/issue status in a reliable and accurate manner through appropriate tools and processes. Also requires ensuring compliance with standard software development practices, processes and enterprise standards as well as working within IT team to follow the full lifecycle development process working with project management, QA, development and technical operations.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related computer programming experience.
Interim Secret to start. Must be able to obtain interim S clearance to aquire CAC card.
|Security Clearance Level||Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||None|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||212417|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|