|Forensic Scientist in Dover AFB, Delaware|
***THIS POSITION IS NOT CURRENTLY FUNDED AND IS TIED TO A PENDING GDIT PROGRAM AWARD***|
Forensic Scientist/Emerging Technology Director will be responsible for the direction, guidance and development of the AFDIL research program. Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Forensic Services and the Director of the DoD DNA Registry, the Director will identify, plan, implement and direct original research projects and programs that support the human remains identification efforts of the laboratory. Initiatives will include efforts to improve the sensitivity and specificity of analytical methods for obtaining forensic genetic markers from degraded human remains, the characterization of basic properties of populations, genetic loci, and biological systems as they relate to DNA identification, and the development and implementation of novel assays, new technologies and automated systems to advance casework efforts. The Director will also promote AFDIL's role as a national and international leader in DNA identification by providing technical expertise, fostering collaborative relationships and participating in professional symposia.
Ph.D. degree in genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, molecular anthropology or in a related scientific field with specific knowledge and skills in the latter areas. Candidate will also have specific knowledge in one or any combination of the following; cell biology, population biology, statistics, bioinformatics, next generation sequencing, and ancient DNA techniques. Applicants must have a minimum of two years postdoctoral work in a relevant field and a proven track record in writing and receiving research grant funds. Prior management and DNA Forensics' experience is desirable, but not a pre-requisite. Candidate must be a US citizen and able to complete a successful background investigation and obtain a minimum of a Secret Clearance.
- Doctorate in Chemistry, Biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Allied Health, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or an appropriately related field, from a regionally accredited college/university, AND two years of post-doctoral fellowship in clinical chemistry in the U.S. or Canada or two years of full time acceptable clinical laboratory management in the U.S., Canada or an accredited laboratory* within the last ten years. These two years of experience must be acquired post baccalaureate.
- MT/MLS(ASCP) certification, AND a doctorate in Chemistry, Biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Allied Health, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or an appropriately related field, from a regionally accredited college/university, AND two years full-time laboratory management experience in the U.S. or Canada or an accredited laboratory* within the last ten years.
*Laboratory accredited by a CMS approved accreditation organization (i.e., AABB, CAP, COLA, DNV, Joint Commission with preference to ASCLD/LAB and ISO 17025)
10-15 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering. Experience working in a DoD medical laboratory with strong preference to experience in the Office of the Armed Forces Medical Examiner.
Clinical laboratory experience within the last ten years in eight of the below procedures listed (in order of priority):
• DNA Sequencing
• Identity resolution and DNA identification
• Gas Chromatography (GC)
• Mass Spectroscopy (MS)
• High performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
• Molecular Microbiology or Pathology
National Agency Check (NLC)
Science and Engineering
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|