GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Systems Architect in Springfield, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Must have demonstrated insider threat and information technology expertise: Provide input in developing a capability, policy, procedures and information technology tools to stand up an insider threat/Audit Analysis and Reporting capability. The supporting contractor must have an IT systems architecture background to conduct requirements analyses, evaluate configuration alternatives, and conduct cost-benefit, risk, and impact analysis in support of identifying the most effective Insider Threat Detection Program (ITDP) IT tools for the NGA SAPS and other directed network systems. As most of the tools for ITDP are still emerging, the contractor will make recommendations to the government project leads on relevant emerging tools to leverage in support of the ITDP. The IT contractor will interact with the NGA to ensure compliance with all DoD and any other requirements to ensure seamless implementation of the IT tools. The IT contractor will develop requirements for the IOC and FOC utilizing selected IT audit tools to validate any alerts received from the ITDP online behavior monitoring system and file reports on the validated alerts for action by ITDP personnel. A review of existing ITD software solutions will be reviewed and recommendations provided to the government. Additionally, preparation for system accreditation should be addressed.
Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions.
Incorporates engineering strategies for introducing new technology into the CYBER-CI's infrastructure-related business processes. Develops future technology and architectural advancements to support CIO architectural strategy, technology migration, and integration and evolution.
Applies knowledge of enterprise IT needs to design improved processes, generate valid requirements, and ensures these are consistent with the CYBER-CI's CIO enterprise technical architecture (ETA) and Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA). Acts as an advisor and proposes changes to the ETA based on analysis of requirements and new technology. Works with appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards. Provides technical and administrative support for personnel performing software development tasks, makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
• Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components
• Complete models and simulations, using manual or automated tools, to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions
• Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
• Define and analyze objectives, scope, issues, or organizational impact of information systems
• Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures
• Supports the analysis, development, and operation of complete computer systems.
• Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information
• Establish functional or system standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed
• Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability
• Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements
• Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs
• Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use
• Communicate project information through presentations, technical reports or white papers
• Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
• Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems
• Provide guidelines for implementing secure systems to customers or installation teams
• Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture
• Define, document, and maintain the system and network architecture within the organization
• Provide guidance to evaluate and make tactical and strategic recommendations for the system architecture, architecture of the hardware, communications, data security, messaging, applications, office automation, printing, administration, support, performance, and availability
• Participates as a member of a team to assess and recommend a migration strategy to new technologies
• Assist in the development of applicable standards and practices for development through the Developer's Forum(s) and the CYBER-CI's Enterprise Technical Architecture
• Develop, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions
• Develop requirements for information systems from a project's inception to conclusion
• Develop required specifications for simple to complex systems
• Design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements; provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces
• Promote interoperability and collaboration consistent with the DNI National Intelligence Strategy Mission and Enterprise Objectives
• Comply with the CYBER-CI's strategic goals and Enterprise Architecture Standards
• Ensure systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models, and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
|Security Clearance Level||Top-Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||213004|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|