GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at General Dynamics IT|
|Sr Principal Engineer, Systems with TS/SCI Poly in Herndon, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The Project Manager shall work with their Manager and other representatives to achieve the objectives of the project they are assigned to. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the specific project(s) and insuring that the technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner. The PM is responsible for all aspects of the project including cost schedules, documentation preparation and customer interaction: Ensures that all control gates are met on schedule.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Expert understanding of Industry Best Practices in programmatic process
- Very good understanding of business process with in the Sponsor
- Working knowledge of Sponsor Program Management Framework (PMF)
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Experience with the following: Requirements analysis, definition and documentation, Systems integration, Risk management, and Configuration management
- Excellent Communication skills (technical writing, verbal and presentation)
- Excellent Interpersonal skills (listening, problem-solving and customer service)
- Knowledge and understanding of information security principles
A minimum of 2 years of PM experience in Sponsor spaces.
|Security Clearance Level||Top-Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||Polygraph|
|Job ID Number||213033|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|