GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at General Dynamics IT|
|Sr Principal Engineer, Systems in Herndon, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Candidate will monitor and ensure the IT environment conforms to all customer regulations and information security best-practices.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Support customer information security programs within the organization in accordance with customer and organizational guidelines, C&A process, and industry best practices.
- Provide information security guidance to the organization throughout the system lifecycle. Develop and provide guidance in the formulation of information security policies and Security Standards specific to customer office.
- Assist in evaluating and ensuring the compliance of IT systems, assessing vulnerabilities, and providing appropriate security countermeasures
- Review and update all security plans and assist engineers in developing and/or maintaining security measures to ensure and improve the security posture of the organization.
- Communicate security exposures, information security incidents, or noncompliance situations to the customer, as appropriate
- Assist in the education of compliance issues and provide advice, guidance, and interpretation of information security policies and issues within the organization by presenting information security training modules, lessons, and courses.
- Represent organizational mission interests at technical exchange meetings, customer information system program boards, and other information security-related meetings.
- Ensure that the implemented security architecture complies with the Enterprise-level security architecture standards, Create and/or maintain System Security Plans as appropriate.
LISSP, OSI & TCP/IP models, Unix/Linux, VMWare, Incident Handling and Response
|Security Clearance Level||Top-Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||Polygraph|
|Job ID Number||213965|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|