GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Info Security/Network Ops/AFG/TS in Afghanistan-City Not Available|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Development of Cyberspace operations objectives
Provide advice and assistance to key strategic operations synchronization team with Cyberspace Operations integrating processes, procedures and products into operational planning
Knowledge and experience with Offensive Cyberspace Operations (OCO)
Knowledge and experience with Cyberspace Operations enabling actions
Knowledge and experience with the intelligence community and intelligence processes
Knowledge and experience with synchronizing cyberspace operations efforts with military deception (MILDEC), operations security (OPSEC), and military information support operations (MISO) in support of command objectives Provide support and subject matter expertise to maximize successful execution of theater and strategic Cyberspace Operations plans
Provide support to enhance Cyber requirements analysis and tracking process, including highly focused studies and analyses to support development of processes for the identification, refinement, and prioritization methodology of Cyber requirements
Knowledge and experience with other Cyberspace Operations related organizations (service and joint level)
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Must be proficient with MS Office Suite
Relevant Cyberspace Operations certification desired (i.e. CEH, CISSP, CCNA, etc.)
Graduate of the Basic Cyber Network Operations Planning Course (BCNOPC)
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
Possess 5+ years' experience working in computer network operations with at least 2 years of operational Offensive Cyberspace Operations planning and integration
Knowledge of planning, targeting, synchronization and assessing Cyberspace Operations
Knowledge of developing Cyberspace Operations campaign strategy, plans, and orders
Must have experience in SIGINT or CYBER Counterintelligence analysis
Planning experience with JOPES • USCENTCOM, Joint Staff, OSD functional area of expertise/related experience
Strategic / joint planning and targeting, extensive joint military planning in area of expertise
US Tourist Passport (current and valid)
Must have experience with Network Warfare Operations or Special Technical Operations
|Security Clearance Level||Top-Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||214333|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||Yes|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|