GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at General Dynamics IT|
|Sr Engineer, Hardware in Herndon, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Designs and develops information processing hardware, computer systems and electrical components.
Ability to evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and the need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Direct technicians, engineering designers, or other technical support personnel as needed.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Provide training and support to system designers and users.
- Select hardware and material, assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration, drawing on system performance expectations and design specifications.
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, analyzing and recording test data.
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
5-8 years of related hardware engineering experience to include:
HADOOP computing platform
HP Storage Area Network (SAN)
Large-Scale (Terabytes) Data Sensitivity Handling
Nagios Monitoring software
Microsoft Project Plan (MPP)
|Security Clearance Level||Top-Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||Polygraph|
|Job ID Number||216372|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|