GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Sr Systems Engineer - HBSS, Windows, VMWare in Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Systems Engineer with significant experience in VMware production computing environments. The individual in this position will be responsible for server infrastructure. This includes assessing, architecting, project planning, implementing, documenting, and supporting complex network and systems infrastructure environments.
Essential Training Required:
Personnel shall, at a minimum, be trained in HBSS 4.5 and 4.6 Advanced. At least one Contractor Personnel at each site shall be Certified as HBSS Analyst or most current high level HBSS certification for HBSS 4.5 and 4.6.
• Set up and install new servers and network equipment
• Identify and resolve network and related system performance problems
• Perform troubleshooting activities on production servers off-hours (nights or weekends) if required to minimize impact to operations
• Administer Microsoft Servers running: Windows Server 2000/2003, and Exchange Server 2000/2003
• Troubleshoot server and workstation software and hardware
• Support the back office and application servers
• Manage, support and maintain WinNT 4.0/Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory, File/print
• Perform hardware upgrades and swaps
• Interface with external venders as necessary
• Actively participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing Windows operating systems and applications
• Maintain knowledge base of current technology with continuous self study
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Microsoft - Windows Server
• Microsoft - Active Directory
• Microsoft - Exchange Server
• Microsoft - Virtual Server
• Microsoft - Internet Information Server
• Microsoft - SharePoint Server
• Microsoft - Windows Desktop Operating Systems
• Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
• VMware Server Virtualization products
• Remote Access Solutions
• Server Hardware (HP, IBM, Dell, Sun)
• Storage Area Networks, iSCSI, and NAS Solutions
• Print Servers
Personnel in technical category positions shall have Security+ certification, experience with VmWare VSphere 4.5. A minimum of one System Administrator III for each of the categories (Windows, Virtual Management and Database Management) shall lead this effort.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
At least 5 - 8 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities described above.
• Computer networking knowledge and experience in computer network architecture and implementation including network operating systems (NOS), network design, and directory services
• Network infrastructure knowledge and experience in LAN/WAN infrastructure technologies and implementation strategies
• Microsoft Windows experience including system design, implementation and management
• Ability to relay technical information to both technical and non technical personnel
• Strong written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving or troubleshooting skills
• Excellent time management skills
Preferred certifications include HBSS, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE 2003), and VMware Certified Professional (VCP).
Must have demonstrated the ability to timely, appropriately, and effectively deal with customer issues and conflict. Must demonstrate the ability to maintain positive relationships with customers, internal and external.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security Clearance is required upon hire.
Travel requirements up to 25%
|Security Clearance Level||Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||National Agency Check (NLC)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||216917|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|