GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at General Dynamics IT|
|Systems Operation Specialist in McLean, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
**2nd Shift- 12pm-10pm
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
The Network Architect is responsible for designing technical solutions for complex problems. The candidate will provide technical oversight of a project solution, including requirement interpretation and allocation of requirements to technical components. The candidate will define processes to support the implementation of requirements. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that technical solutions leverage industry best practices, designing for security and excellence while minimizing the total cost of ownership.
Candidate should be able to define internal and external customer IT infrastructure architecture needs and then design solutions to meet those needs to include, capacity planning, systems configuration and tuning, monitoring, backups, hardware and software installations.
Candidate will be required to work independently with little supervision and should be flexible to work and support IT Operations needs as requested.
• System capacity planning
• Technical requirements management
• Offers support to Application Development department regarding new technologies and system requirements
• Complex problem management research and issue resolution
• Assist with day to day complex system administration (GIS, Window and Linux) tasks as necessary
• IT Operations process improvement recommendations and implementation
• Automation of administrative tasks through scripting
• Functions as an inter/intra-group liaison and leads project efforts as required
• Ciscco Router and ASAs experience
• Bastion Host G2 Sidewinder Firewall experience
• LAN/WAN implementation as well as Opertations and Maintenance experience
• Operations and Maintenance experience with ATM, IP MPLS, and VRF networks
• PowerShell, VBscript, and Perl scripting
• EMC Clarion/Symmetrix experience
*** 2nd shift 12pm-10pm
|Security Clearance Level||Top-Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||Polygraph|
|Job ID Number||217309|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|