GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Web Development Manager in Towson, Maryland|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
The Medicare Secondary Payer Systems Contractor (MSPSC) is a component of the Coordination of Benefits and Recovery Program (COB&R). COB&R governs the pre and post pay Medicare claims processing and recovery of errant/conditional Medicare primary payments. The COB&R program is the consolidation of all applications/systems previously maintained under the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) and Coordination of Benefits (COB) programs. The MSPSC is responsible for all PMLC and SDLC phases of the development life cycle in support of the Coordination of Benefits and Recovery Program (COB&R) for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid program (CMS). The program is comprised of applications which are housed under multiple platforms from mainframe, Windows, customized COTS products, mid-tier/web and in some cases a combination of environments.
• Manage Web development team through the full project lifecycle (Project management lifecycle -PMLC and Software Development Lifecycle - SDLC), for Releases and Special Projects, following established corporate project management processes and methodologies to ensure project deliverables are delivered on time, within budget, adhering to high quality standards, adhering to security and privacy requirements, utilizing appropriate IT standards, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
• Works with the MSPSC PMO Manager to facilitate the ongoing CMMI ML3 certification process.
• Develops, maintains, and monitors the project schedule of all assigned releases and special projects
• Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work and financial and business development activities.
• Supervises assigned engineers and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
• Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
• Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
• Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
• Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement. Takes responsibility for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
• Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
• Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
• Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
• Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to software engineers
• Stays abreast of relevant technologies
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science, related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
10-12 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
Extensive technical knowledge in developing & managing complex Web and Server based applications.
• Extensive experiencing developing & managing Java and/or .NET development projects.
• Solid understanding of application server environments (WebSphere preferred) and experience working collaboratively with infrastructure teams to deliver high performing systems.
• Proven ability to direct one or more project teams and coordinate with one or more clients and their teams through the project life cycle.
• Exemplary management skills to work with multiple teams simultaneously.
• Proven ability to coordinate deliverables and dependencies with other groups.
• Experience with managing projects effectively, on time and budget.
• Proven ability to identify resource needs, perform quality review, and escalate functional, quality, and timeliness issues appropriately.
• Experience with Earned Value Management, cost plus contracting, and CMMI ML3.
• Extensive knowledge of and expertise in project management tools, principles and methodologies
• Excellent analytical and conceptual capabilities
• Ability to define and implement operational processes
• Extensive experience with project management tools (i.e., MS Project, Project Workbench, Visio, etc.).
• Good negotiation skills
• Proficient with the Windows operating environment and applications, such as MS Office products.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to produce technical and non-technical business documents.
• Effective business development skills including proposal development and preparation.
o Familiarity with all aspects of CMS SDLC.
o Familiarity with CMS Technical Reference Architecture (TRA)
o Medicare Program knowledge specifically related to Medicare secondary payment and/or coordination of benefits
|Security Clearance Level||None|
|Security Clearance Basis||None|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||219085|
|Job Function||Program Management|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|