GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at General Dynamics IT|
|Sr Program Manager - Air Traffic Control Training in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The FAA Academy Program Manager (PM) will report to the Contract Program Manager in Washington DC and is directly responsible for managing all training service operations at the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City, OK in support of the FAA Controller Training Contract (CTC). The FAA Academy PM will be responsible for overseeing the development of innovative training concepts, the proposal of training solutions, and establishing and maintaining program operations in concert and in accordance with the GDIT Program Management Plan at the FAA Academy. The FAA Academy PM will oversee the management of all contractor resources, personnel, subcontractors, and activities involved in the delivery of controller classroom training, simulation / laboratory training, and general training support services. These activities and functions include program transition, budgeting, recruiting and staffing, training materials coordination, training and instructor scheduling, business process improvement and implementation, quality management, contract administration, on-site administrative support, program management reviews, developing and monitoring performance metrics, and performing outreach and acting as a liaison with the FAA Academy, aviation industry associations, and unions.
Has overall responsibility for all work efforts performed by Contractor personnel at the FAA Academy. Reports to the Contractor's Program Manager (CPM) for the Controller Training Contract (CTC). Serves as the Contractor's primary focal point to the Government's training program manager at the FAA Academy (AMA-500). Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all Task Orders including technical work, staff supervision, and financial and business development activities.
• Leads, Supervises, and mentors senior ATC instruction and RPO staff to ensure the accomplishment of all contract performance based requirements are met with the goal of exceeding acceptable metrics.
• Responsible for overall execution of the CTC Program at the FAA Academy including achieving goals and program cost, schedule and technical milestones and deliverables.
• Interfaces with and actively participates with customer to meet customer and organizational work objectives and serves as a liaison with customers to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
• Directs recruitment and hiring as necessary to maintain staffing level, and to meet long-term needs and surge requirements.
• Prepares business planning information including budgets (revenue, costs, and profit projections), cost estimates, salary plans and investment funds requests
• Conducts monthly program review against contract plan (direct labor, revenue, profit, discretionary spending, DSO, AR, etc.) in conjunction with Division Finance Director
• Supervises the preparation of, and approves the submission of all status reports (internal), and ensures external reports are prepared and submitted.
• Monitors AR and AP to ensure timely collections and payments to vendors, subcontractors and consultants.
• Reviews and understands contract documentation to include SOW/SOO/PWS's and terms and conditions and monitors contract performance in accordance with approved documents
• Contributes to the determination of costing solutions and participates in significant aspects of the financial assessment.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
• 10-15 years of related program management experience.
• Minimum of fifteen 15 years of relevant experience in the following areas: program management of complex programs and operations, including the implementation of major ATC Training.
• 15-20 Years FAA Air Traffic Controller experience in Terminal or Enroute field operations.
• Strong knowledge of the Air Traffic Control career field and progression, National Airspace System, ATC Training, and FAA Processes and Procedures.
• Demonstrate understanding and experience across FAA organizations including.
• Program/Project management experience, or experience in a comparable leadership position, is required. Experience managing P&L for a mid-size to large organization is desirable ($25-50M P&L program)
• Experience working with Task Order Request for Proposal (TORP), including review, analysis, developing solutions, contractor transition, pricing and implementation.
• Strong communicator (Verbal, and Written) with customers, employees, and industry leaders.
• Exceptional listening, creative, and deductive listening skills.
• Conduct regular contact visits with contract customers to ensure awareness of customer needs, priorities and level of satisfaction of services rendered.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Computer skills and aptitude with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Ability to multi-task, be results driven, have a strong sense of ownership and urgency, show ability to improvise and solve complex problems and manage with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively build and manage relationships through effective interpersonal and relationship skills
• Ability to think clearly under pressure and under tight deadlines
• Skilled in the selection, development, and management of program and business delivery staff, with the track record of consistently identifying, developing, and mentoring functional and operational leaders.
• Strong skills in adapting style in divergent situations with multiple stakeholders.
• Experience in managing multiple types of contracts including Fixed Firm Price, Cost Reimbursable, and Time & Materials.
• Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
|Security Clearance Level||Background Check|
|Security Clearance Basis||None|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||219744|
|Job Function||Program Management|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|