GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Specialist, Customer Service-DOL in Lawrence, Kansas|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
1. Responds to inquiries received through phone, mail and/or face-to-face contact with customers and prospects about the company or customers products or services by following standard scripts and procedures. Provide knowledgeable response to support calls in a courteous and professional manner.
2. Uses a computer system to track questions and answers as well as enter orders. Accurately document work performed using provided electronic tools.
3. Responds to inquiries requiring a written response with the use of standard or form letters.
4. Escalates more complex questions to more experienced Specialists.
5. Must be able to type 20 WPM, 30 WPM preferred.
6. Must have the ability to organize simultaneous tasks for individual assignments and the workflow of others.
7. Ability to prioritize and complete tasks to meet contract standard required.
8. Must have demonstrated ability to speak and write fluently in English. Spanish fluency is a plus.
9. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
10. Must have proven ability to work effectively as a team member. Assist with side-by-side mentoring for new employees during training and after training as needed.
11. Arrive to work at the designated time and adhere to corporate time keeping requirements.
12. Accept and take action on constructive feedback from supervisors.
13. Participates in special projects and other related duties as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
• At least six months technical customer experience required.
• Two years of work experience in customer service, call center, or a secretarial position is preferred.
• Experience working with a PC and a Windows environment is required.
Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information released.
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|