GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at General Dynamics IT|
|Jasper Software Developer in Washington, District of Columbia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
General Dynamics is looking for an experienced Jaspersoft Developer for a full-time position with benefits to work onsite at the Department of Energy in DC. Must be a US citizen. Work will involve developing and implementing Jaspersoft reporting and business intelligence software for multiple energy data collection systems. Jaspersoft software will integrate with Salesforce and Informatica applications. Successful candidate must be able to meet quality standards within a production environment. Candidate should have excellent communication skills. Minimum of 1-2 years of substantial Jaspersoft developement and implementation experience required.
Front end testing of windows/web based applications, manually as well automated.
Develop test plans and test scripts using industry best practices.
Execute test cases and test plans using manual and automated methods.
Identify, isolate, and document software defects independently.
Maintain and expand existing test documentation, including test plans, test cases or scripts, and defect reports.
Effectively communicate with project team and provide evidence to proceed with a software release.
Assist with on-going process improvement efforts to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting methods are effective, efficient, standardized, coordinated, and integrated.
Excellent testing, debugging and troubleshooting skills
* Enter data into automated systems and performs related administrative duties.
* Responsible for input and verification of data into automated systems.
* Review data source for accuracy of input data.
* Investigate questionable data and take corrective action when necessary.
* Review the work of less-experienced personnel for accuracy.
* Maintain knowledge of how to apply learning to address current company projects.
* Maintain knowledge of current and legacy applications or relevance to current work as well as current/future developments in the field.
* Participate in special projects as required.
* Perform other administrative duties as needed.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 8 years of related software development experience.
* 6-8 years of experience in SQL Server database development
* 6-8 years of experience in Object Oriented analysis, design and programming
* Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is required
* Experience with SQL Server 2008 is required
* Knowledge of and ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications and related office equipment
* Ability to work with a diverse team challenged with complex tasks
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to cooperate and collaborate with people of different backgrounds and skill levels
|Security Clearance Level||Background Check|
|Security Clearance Basis||None|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||220362|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|