|COMSEC Systems Administrator with TS/SCI/CI Poly in Washington, District of Columbia|
LMD/KP System Administrator - Perform administrator functions with full access privileges to two Local Management Device / Key Processors (LMD/KP). The ability to configure systems and administer the following:
1. Add or delete User Application Software (UAS)
2. Create and delete operator's accounts, modify operator privileges
3. Create and delete Tier 3 hand receipt accounts
4. Execute administrative operating system utilities
5. Must have some familiarity with UNIX operating system to perform system operations such as backups and restore of the LCMS database
6. Knowledge performing a Key Processor (KP) changeover
7. Perform downloads of cryptographic key from the Electronic Key
8. Creation of INIT keys for system startup as well as platform
Net Key Management Segment (NKMS) System Administrator - Perform administrator functions to ensure the NKMS server suite is accessible and available to COMSEC users worldwide. As NKMS administrator, you are required to:
1. Request, receive and upload DoD PKI certificates to NKMS servers; Application, Database, VPN, and Backups
2. Create, change, and deletions of user level accounts
3. Configure client workstations, laptop, and/or image hard drives
for COMSEC user to pull crypto key from the NKMS server suite
4. Prepare and maintain tape backup units. Perform backups and restoration of NKMS database and related files during operation
5. Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) - Verify that all servers have the latest IAVA security patches. Ensure that the new IAVA security patches get applied
COMSEC Expertise Required - Experience working with end products that range from large communications systems to circuit card assemblies. Expert knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required:
1. Type 1 COMSEC certification process and key management
2. Knowledge of any or all of the following:
i. Type 1 Cryptographic products (e.g. KG 175, KG 75)
ii. Information Assurance (IA)
iii. TEMPEST; encryption, key management, and
communications standards (e.g. Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) Common Tier 1 System)
iv. Computer Security; data networks, protocols & related cryptographic equipment integrated circuits
Training - The appointed COMSEC Specialist/Custodian must successfully complete the following courses;
1. TACLANE - General Dynamics
2. NSA COMSEC Course (IAEC-2112) within 6 months of
3. Local COMSEC Management SW (LCMS)
4. Security Refresher Information Assurance (IA) Training
5. Ability to understand and interpret the DoD's COMSEC Program
Roles and Responsibilities:
COMSEC Troubleshooting - Act on Siebel Service Requests (SRs) that identify a COMSEC issue reported by the customer, Watch Officer or management. Must be able to work with other support personnel either in-house or at the field site to resolve operational issues in a timely manner.
Networking - Team with and provide support to the Network Operations and Maintenance to troubleshoot and resolve network, TACLANE, FASTLANE, and crypto problems. Understand how the network has been engineered to include the circuits. Ability to operate the automated diagnostics system and to interpret diagnostics findings, accounting records and files.
1. Maintain the KG 75 Database to ensure that all outgoing transfers of KG 75s and DTDs are properly transferred and logged into the Access Database. All memos requesting transfer of KG75s must be filed along with the Standard Form (SF) 153. Ensure all packages receive tracking numbers.
2. Crypto Key Inventory - Order new keys before expiration date and ensure the new keys arrive in time to the various COMSEC accounts.
3. Database Management - Perform database updates and queries; Produce reports for key expiration, etc.
4. Management of STU III Residential Program - Ensure that all residential requests are signed before issuance of STU IIIs. Ensure the tracking database is accurate and paperwork is filed
accordingly. Perform consolidated inventory every six months (June and December).
5. Maintain COMSEC Stock - Ensure that stockade levels for operational and contingency key is adequate in the vault.
6. Perform Inventory - Maintain a current inventory of all COMSEC material, and be aware of the location of such material and the purpose for which it is held. A semi-annual inventory (SAIR) will be completed every six months and when there is a custodial change. Conduct, supervise or request required inventories to be performed, including daily inventories.
7. OPSCO/DETS and hand Receipt Holder Training - Provide vital COMSEC information to out-going Operations Commanders to educate them on the function of crypto and the importance of
timely rekeying and return of COMSEC equipment. Telephone Service control Officer (TSCO) Management - Ensure DoD elements update annually TSCO appointment letters. Maintain an accurate database to reflect TSCO appointments, date of memo, and consolidated inventory. Issue consolidated inventory every six months to each TSCO. Provide TSCO training to new employees and annual refresher training for existing TSCOs.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Requires a Security +ce Certification.
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|