GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at General Dynamics IT|
|Cloud Engineer in Towson, Maryland|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and enterprise systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
4. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
5. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
8. Serves as a technical team or task lead.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
11. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
DevOps architect with systems knowledge to work in the Cloud Engineering team. This position will act as a primary technical principal and is responsible for delivery of Windows and Linux enterprise web farm infrastructure solutions. This position focused on expertise in WebSphere, IS, Apache web infrastructure support and middleware for a long term project engagement. Manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of the Systems Architecture section. This position will also work closely with engineering teams to create consistent and repeatable code and server deployments.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters degree preferred.
3. MCITP, MCSE and/or MCPD, RHCE or CCNA is a plus
15-20 years of related systems engineering experience.
5- 7 years in installation/configuration of high end Linux and Windows servers and storage hardware in data centers
5+ years experience in working with management and maintenance of application running on IIS.
2+ years experience running large enterprise applications in Amazon AWS Cloud
Demonstrated DevOps development and deployment - Expertise on Chef or Puppet and building continuous delivery model for services
Expert knowledge of common inter-application network communications, related network protocols and services, encryption technologies (e.g. SSL,TLS, PKI, IPSec, DNS, SMTP)
System administrator level knowledge of Windows and Linux.
|Security Clearance Level||Background Check|
|Security Clearance Basis||None|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||226365|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|